Whether you’re planning to get an eBook from Google Play Store, or your kid has been bugging you to buy an app for their birthday (or just because), this post on how to get free Google Play codes could be the boredom-beater, money-saving tip that everyone needs.
- Daily Goodie Box - Grab a GIANT box of free samples from some of the world's most popular brands.
- Try Products - What's better than one giant box of free stuff? TWO giant boxes of free stuff. Join Try Products to get even more free samples shipped right to you.
- Survey Junkie - Test new products, keep them, and get paid for your feedback. Sign up for free to get started.
The two easiest ways are to sign up for Swagbucks and Inbox Dollars. Simply log in each day, take their daily poll, accumulate points and cash them in for codes.
Create an account at both of them now because both sites offer cash bonuses just for signing up!
While those two sites are the easiest, keep reading to see other legit ways to get free Google play credits.
7 Ways to Get Free Google Play Codes & Credits
1. Go Straight to Google
Google has plenty of products and services, so it’s inevitable that using some of them could lead to free Google Play codes. Two great examples of this include:
- Google Opinion Rewards – This app is free to download from the Play Store and is usually comes pre-installed on Android devices. If you have a Google account, you can participate in surveys from Google Opinion Rewards and receive credit upon completion. Note that the “rewards” per survey aren’t actually high (it’s usually just 25 cents and can go up to $1), but the questions are relatively simple. You can complete one survey in less than 3 minutes. There’s no other payout option; this app automatically transfers your earned credits to your Google Play account, so no need to claim/redeem.
- Google Chromecast and Google Home – If you have a Chromecast or an Android TV, register your device via the Google Home app and you may receive a free Google play code worth up to $25 per device. If you have more than one Chromecast device, then you receive additional free credits. The exact dollar amount may vary, so check it out from time to time.
2. Download-and-Forget Apps
When you download these apps, you give them permission to monitor your mobile activities. If you can overlook the privacy concerns, these apps may be worth downloading. Here are some examples:
- MobileXpression – Provide them access to monitor your internet usage. Download their app once and you’re done. Every week, you’ll receive points depending on how many online activities you did, and you can redeem the points for any gift card of your choice, including a Google Play gift card code.
- Microsoft Bing Search – Download this app and use it to search the internet, as well as answer quizzes and do activities in-app. If you’re in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Germany, France, Italy, or Spain, you can earn Microsoft Rewards that you can exchange for gift cards, which you can then use to buy Google Play credits.
- S’more – You download the app and give access to S’more. It then places ads and content on your lock screen, for which you’ll earn rewards every day that you keep it installed. If you’re bored or simply want more points, open the app to check on extra tasks you can do in exchange for additional points.
3. Use Rewards Apps to Earn Free Google Play Codes
With rewards apps, you are “rewarded” a specific amount or number of points for every task completed. The task can be anything from playing a game, watching videos, downloading a new app, answering an in-app survey, referring friends, shopping online, and so on.
Almost all of the rewards app you find work similarly: 1) Complete a task. 2) Earn rewards. 3) Redeem them for cash or gift cards.
Some rewards apps you can check out include InstaGC, Mistplay, Swagbucks, Quick Rewards, Squishy Cash, Inbox Dollars, and Get-Paid, among many others.
4. Participate in Survey Sites
If you can spare a few minutes of the day to answer surveys, there are numerous survey sites that have been tried and tested to payout rewards, which you can claim as Google Play credits and other types of gift cards.
PrizeRebel and Survey Junkie are two good examples of legitimate survey sites that can turn a simple survey into Google Play credits.
5. Check Gift Card Retailers
Sites like Gift Card Granny allow you to buy, exchange, and sell your gift cards with other members. Note that the prices here are usually lower compared to retail prices, so you’ll probably be transacting with a different seller/member every time.
Some sites let you earn points when you refer a friend, purchase gift cards, share their promos, or just by signing up. These points can be claimed as gift cards for Google Play.
Free Google Play gift cards are not available 24/7, but be on the lookout for when these sites do promotions and contests because gift cards fly out of their shelves then.
6. Shop and get cash back
Yes, you can spend money and get (at least some) of it back.
Sign up on cashback sites and make your online purchases through their site or app to get special deals, discounts, and some of your cash back through PayPal or your bank account. You can then use those to get Google play codes for free.
A few of these sites even allow you to redeem your cashback directly as Google play codes.
Some of the cashback apps you can join are FeaturePoints, Rakuten, Ibotta, Dosh, and Fetch Rewards.
7. Play games to earn Google Play credits
If completing surveys is not your thing, or you easily get bored with small tasks, why not get paid to play games on your computer or mobile phone instead?
Check out sites like Mistplay, Bananatic, Gamekit, and Gamehag.
It's a giant box of free samples and it comes right to your door at no cost.
Click here and get yours.
In effect, you’ll be playing games to get to play more free games.
RELATED 75+ Free Magazines Sent Right to Your Door
Other Methods of Obtaining Google Play Codes
The methods above have been known to give out rewards all year round. There are also some cases where you can receive credits once, or a couple of times a year. If you don’t need a lot of Google Play money, then these tricks may just be enough for your requirements:
- Got a Samsung device? Register your device at the official Samsung Galaxy site and earn up to $25 Google Play Store credit. Sometimes, Samsung will remove this offer, but it usually comes back, so if you’re looking for only a few bucks, this may be worth a shot.
- Costco members get super-low gift cards. If you have a Costco membership, you can use this to buy some of the cheapest gift cards around. If you’re lucky and you buy during a promotion or sale, you get more savings. Buying any kind of gift card there means the savings you earn can be used to pay for Google Play Store credits.
RELATED 6 Ways to Get Free Address Labels in 2022
FAQs about Free Google Play Codes and Credits
Do free Google Play credit generators work?
One of the most common questions about free Google Play codes is if those code generators really do provide free credits.
Short answer: NO. Unfortunately, no matter how legitimately-looking the site is, there is a huge possibility that the site was only made to lure you into downloading malware onto your computer or steal your sensitive information.
To be safe, don’t ever give away your financial info whenever you’re signing up for free stuff. This doesn’t matter if you’re trying to get free Google Play money, or requesting free office supplies or free baby samples.
Is there a way to get free unlimited Google Play credit?
There are many apps popping left and right claiming to offer “free unlimited Google Play credits.” Know that after I’ve combed through the internet, downloaded and tried numerous apps, but none of them actually delivered.
Unfortunately, there is simply no way you can receive unlimited Google Play credits free. It’s just one of those “if it seems to good to be true” instances. At the end of the day, Google is a business and Google Store is still a store, so expect to pay for paid app you want.
Is Google Play credit the same as Google Play balance?
Google Play balance is credit you can use for buying games, apps and other digital content within the Google Play store.
There are several ways you can add money and top up your balance. This includes:
- Redeeming digital gift codes
- Redeeming Google Play gift codes
- Using promo codes
- Redeeming Play Points
RELATED 12 Places that Giveaway Free Contact Lenses
Other free gaming gift cards you can get
If aside from playing mobile games, you like playing on your computer, you’ll appreciate knowing how to get free Steam gift cards.
The same goes for those of you who have an Xbox or PS console (or both!). Check out our posts on getting free Xbox gift cards and free PS4 gift cards and codes.