Whether you’re planning to get an ebook from Google Play Store, or your kid has been bugging you to buy an app for their birthday (or just because), this post on how to get free Google Play codes could be the boredom-beater, money-saving tip that everyone needs.
- Daily Goodie Box - Grab a GIANT box of free samples from some of the world's most popular brands.
- Try Products - What's better than one giant box of free stuff? TWO giant boxes of free stuff. Join Try Products to get even more free samples shipped right to you.
- Opinion Outpost - Work with companies like Nike, Sony, and Apple and get paid to test out their latest products!
Create an account at both of them now because both sites offer cash bonuses just for signing up!
While those two sites are the easiest, keep reading to see how you can earn even more.
7 Ways to Get Free Google Play Codes
1. Go Straight to Google
Google has plenty of products and services, so it’s inevitable that using some of them could lead to free Google Play codes. Two great examples of this include:
- Google Opinion Rewards – This app is free to download from the Play Store and is usually comes pre-installed on Android devices. If you have a Google account, you can participate in surveys from Google Opinion Rewards and receive credit upon completion. Note that the “rewards” per survey aren’t actually high (it’s usually just 25 cents and can go up to $1), but the questions are relatively simple. You can complete one survey in less than 3 minutes. There’s no other payout option; this app automatically transfers your earned credits to your Google Play account, so no need to claim/redeem.
- Google Chromecast and Google Home – If you have a Chromecast or an Android TV, register your device via the Google Home app and you may receive a free Google play code worth up to $25 per device. If you have more than one Chromecast device, then you receive additional free credits. The exact dollar amount may vary, so check it out from time to time.
2. Download-and-Forget Apps
When you download these apps, you give them permission to monitor your mobile activities. If you can overlook the privacy concerns, these apps may be worth downloading. Here are some examples:
- MobileXpression – Provide them access to monitor your internet usage. Download their app once and you’re done. Every week, you’ll receive points depending on how many online activities you did, and you can redeem the points for any gift card of your choice, including a Google Play gift card code.
- Microsoft Bing Search – Download this app and use it to search the internet, as well as answer quizzes and do activities in-app. If you’re in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Germany, France, Italy, or Spain, you can earn Microsoft Rewards that you can exchange for gift cards, which you can then use to buy Google Play credits.
- S’more – You download the app and give access to S’more. It then places ads and content on your lock screen, for which you’ll earn rewards every day that you keep it installed. If you’re bored or simply want more points, open the app to check on extra tasks you can do in exchange for additional points.
3. Use Rewards Apps
With rewards apps, you are “rewarded” a specific amount or number of points for every task completed. The task can be anything from playing a game, watching videos, downloading a new app, answering an in-app survey, referring friends, shopping online, and so on.
Almost all of the rewards app you find work similarly: 1) Complete a task. 2) Earn rewards. 3) Redeem them for cash or gift cards.
4. Participate in Survey Sites
If you can spare a few minutes of the day to answer surveys, there are numerous survey sites that have been tried and tested to payout rewards, which you can claim as Google Play credits and other types of gift cards.
5. Check Gift Card Retailers
Sites like Gift Card Granny allow you to buy, exchange, and sell your gift cards with other members. Note that the prices here are usually lower compared to retail prices, so you’ll probably be transacting with a different seller/member every time.
Some sites let you earn points when you refer a friend, purchase gift cards, share their promos, or just by signing up. These points can be claimed as gift cards for Google Play.
Free Google Play gift cards are not available 24/7, but be on the lookout for when these sites do promotions and contests because gift cards fly out of their shelves then.
6. Shop and get cash back
Yes, you can spend money and get (at least some) of it back.
Sign up on cashback sites and make your online purchases through their site or app to get special deals, discounts, and some of your cash back through PayPal or your bank account. You can then use those to get Google play codes for free.
A few of these sites even allow you to redeem your cashback directly for Google play codes.
7. Play games to earn Google Play credits
If doing surveys is not your thing, or you easily get bored with small tasks, why not get paid to play games on your computer or mobile phone instead?
It's a giant box of free samples and it comes right to your door at no cost.
Click here and get yours.
In effect, you’ll be playing games to get to play more free games.
Other Methods of Obtaining Google Play Codes
The methods above have been known to give out rewards all year round. There are also some cases where you can receive credits once, or a couple of times a year. If you don’t need a lot of Google Play money, then these tricks may just be enough for your requirements:
- Got a Samsung device? Register your device at the official Samsung Galaxy site and earn up to $25 Google Play Store credit. Sometimes, Samsung will remove this offer, but it usually comes back, so if you’re looking for only a few bucks, this may be worth a shot.
- Do you plan to get into a workout or diet program? Achievement is an app that rewards you for walking, meditating, logging meals, and completing other health-related tasks. Every 10,000 points earn you $10, which you can then use to buy Google Play Store credits.
- Costco members get super-low gift cards. If you have a Costco membership, you can use this to buy some of the cheapest gift cards around. If you’re lucky and you buy during a promotion or sale, you get more savings. Buying any kind of gift card there means the savings you earn can be used to pay for Google Play Store credits.
Do free Google Play credit generators work?
One of the most common questions about free Google Play codes is if those code generators really do provide free credits.
Short answer: NO.
Unfortunately, no matter how legitimately-looking the site is, there is a huge possibility that the site was only made to lure you into downloading malware onto your computer or steal your sensitive information.
To be safe, don’t ever give away your financial info whenever you’re signing up for free stuff. This doesn’t matter if you’re trying to get free Google Play money, or requesting free office supplies or free baby samples.
Other free gaming gift cards you can get
If aside from playing mobile games, you like playing on your computer, you’ll appreciate knowing how to get free Steam gift cards.
Have you tried any of the methods above? Do you know any other method to receive free Google Play gift cards or credits? Share them with us through the comments!