There is NO Disney Plus student discount offered officially by the company. But don’t be sad just yet.
- Daily Goodie Box - Grab a GIANT box of free samples from some of the world's most popular brands.
- Try Products - What's better than one giant box of free stuff? TWO giant boxes of free stuff. Join Try Products to get even more free samples shipped right to you.
- Survey Junkie - Work with companies like Nike, Sony, and Apple and get paid to test out their latest products!
If you’ve decided you’re going to pay for a Disney+ subscription and want to get a discounted amount, there are alternatives. Continue reading below to learn how…
Disney Plus Fees
Disney+ is the streaming home of Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and Star.
Contrary to popular belief, Disney+ isn’t just for kids.
The shows and movies featured here are ideal for families of all ages, so if you’re looking to add to your roster of streaming providers, it’s definitely a good choice. Here’s why:
- Disney+ launched with 500 movies and 7,500 TV shows on its first day.
- The Disney Plus catalog includes both classics like Snow White and newly-released titles like Encanto
- Star Wars, Pixar, and Marvel movies.
- Shows of National Geographic (owned also by Disney)
- Watch content on four separate devices at once with your Disney Plus account.
- UK, Australian and Canadian users also receive the new Star channel at no extra charge (even if you paid for a monthly or yearly subscription)
Unfortunately, because Disney+ has the Disney name to back it up, it was able to skip many promotions like the Disney Plus student discount.
Like Netflix and HBO Max, the Disney Plus student discount is non-existent.
The Disney+ streaming service already has over 100 million subscribers (since launching only in November 2019).
This, considering, that Disney+ still isn’t available in many territories, unlike Netflix which has been around since 2007 and has cornered many countries around the world.
The Disney+ subscription costs just $7.99 a month or $79.99 a year.
Discounts Disney+ offers to Everyone
For official Disney Plus-approved discounts, you have TWO options:
- Pay for an annual subscription: It’s always cheaper to pay for subscriptions on a yearly basis than on a month-to-month basis. If you have the funds ready and are willing to pay for an annual subscription, you can save up to $15 a year (that’s 15% off the regular annual fee). Instructions on how to update your subscription plan from monthly to annually here.
- Bundle with Hulu and ESPN Plus: You can also bundle your Disney Plus plan with Hulu and ESPN Plus to save more money. Here’s how:
- Go to Hulu and get all three streaming services for the price of $13.99/month (for ad-supported) or $20/month without ads. This bundle saves you about $6/month compared to signing for each streaming service on their respective websites.
- If you’re already subscribed to Hulu, you can get Disney Plus as an add-on for an extra $3/month
The steps will vary on a case-to-case basis, whether you’re an existing Hulu subscriber, an existing ESPN+ subscribe, or you’re a new subscriber of all three. Follow the steps here to take advantage of the bundle pricing.
Disney Plus Student Discount Alternatives
The following websites and brands offer students a way to get a discounted Disney+ subscription fee:
- Get cashback from Rakuten – When you subscribe to an annual Disney+ plan via the Rakuten website, you get $12 back instantly. You do need to be a registered Rakuten user to claim this discount.
- Subscribe to an Unlimited Verizon Wireless plan – For a limited time, a free Disney+ subscription is offered to any eligible user with a Verizon Wireless Unlimited plan. You don’t need to enter any coupon codes. You’ll find this promotion inside your Verizon Wireless account. (Samsung has a similar 12-month Disney+ freebie for participants who purchase and activate a new Samsung Galaxy S22, S22+, or S22 Ultra. A Samsung account is necessary to claim this promotion).
- SavetheStudent FREE 7-day trial – The official trial from Disney+ has been stopped, but you can still claim week-long free access if you go through SaveTheStudent for this deal. You do need a credit card to get this deal and you have to make sure to cancel before the week ends to prevent getting charged the whole month/year of subscription fees.
- Disney+ Promo Codes and Coupons – If you’re lucky, you can get deals from this website and claim from 50% to 90% off your subscriptions. You can also find promos and deals on the Disney World page (this is specifically for people planning to visit the theme park and get a friendlier Disney+ fee.
- Limited Deals – Sometimes, you may be able to find awesome deals. For example, a few months back, Forbes showcased a “Celebrate Disney + Day” promo that lets you pay for your first month of service for only $1.99, then go back to $7.99 after a month.
Be wary with deals that claim 15% off on Disney+ annual subscriptions. You might as well pay for the annual subscription at the official Disney Plus website since the company has been offering this discounted rate since it launched.
Also, there is NO Disney+ trial available anymore (yes, there used to be), but Disney already stopped the trial period, which means your only choice to enjoy thousands of Disney titles is to pay for the subscription legally.
The good news is that Disney+ lets you cancel your subscription without paying any cancellation fees, so if you’ve watched all you can possibly watch after a month or two, you can jump ship at any time you need.
Want Other Streaming and Entertainment Freebies?
We’re fans of Disney+ here as well, but it doesn’t mean we have to stick to Disney Plus exclusively.
In this age of streaming left and right, it’s awesome to have access to a TON of content, so if you want more free subscriptions, make sure to check these posts:
- How to get free TV channels without an antenna
- How to get FREE cable TV legally
- Free Xbox LIVE Codes
- Ways to get free or cheap MOVIE codes
- How to Get HULU for FREE (Here are 9 ways!)
Of course, DO NOT MISS these streaming providers and entertainment companies that offer their subscriptions for FREE for the FIRST month! Enjoy!