Looking for a way to get a Starz student discount with your subscription? As fans of streaming movies and TV shows left and right, we understand.
- Daily Goodie Box - Grab a GIANT box of free samples from some of the world's most popular brands.
- Try Products - What's better than one giant box of free stuff? TWO giant boxes of free stuff. Join Try Products to get even more free samples shipped right to you.
- P&G Rewards - Get over $100 in coupons to stuff you already buy, plus enter to win weekly gift boxes and gift cards.
What makes the Starz app appealing to streamers is that it works on all major streaming platforms like Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, and more along with iOS and Android, which means no more unnecessary complicated set-ups anymore.
We eat up as much streaming content as we could get, so if you’ve been wanting to watch Starz exclusive shows like Ash vs Evil Dead, Spartacus, Black Sails, Outlander, Power, and American Gods, we gotchu! Rean on…
How Much is Starz Subscription?
A STARZ subscription costs $8.99 a month if you opt to pay using the monthly option.
If you have the funds, you can get 30% off from the STARZ annual subscription, coming out to $74.99 a year (or about $6.25 a month).
Starz Student Discount: Do students get Starz for free?
Unfortunately, the Starz student discount does not exist.
The good news is you can find other promotions and discounts to bring down the subscription fees for you.
Starz Student Discount Alternatives: How can I get Starz for free?
Don’t be sad about the lack of a Starz student discount. Starz has two other official deals that are definitely good deals. Check them out:
1. Starz Discounts for New Customers
All new customers who subscribe to Starz (from May to June 2022) can enjoy Starz shows for only $3 per month for the first six months of their subscription.
This deal has been around since early 2022, so we expect this to extend beyond June 2022 for new subscribers signing up for the first time.
The discounted rate gives new subscribers 66% off the usual subscription price, which offers savings of about $5.99 per month (or a total of $36 for six months).
2. Starz Free Trial
Before you commit to a month or six-month subscription, you can start with a free trial:
- Visit starz.com and click on “Start Your Free Trial.”
- Enter your email address (verify your account by clicking the link in your email from Starz)
- Add your payment information. Starz accepts Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and gift cards, but you won’t be charged immediately.
- Choose a password. (You’ll need this for logging into other devices)
- Visit Starz.com again on your desktop or download the STARZ app on your favorite device.
- Find “Have STARZ” or “Login” using your registered email address and password.
Once you’re given access, your free trial lasts for 7 days.
At the end of the 7th day, you’ll be charged a subscription fee of $8.99 monthly through your payment gateway.
If you wish to cancel the subscription and avoid being charged, you have to do it before the trial period ends.
3. Starz Free Trial with Other Streaming Providers and Devices
Other streaming providers like Amazon Prime, Hulu, and Fubo TV also bundle a free Starz trial with their own subscriptions. Check out the details of their promotions:
- Get a 7-day free trial of Starz with the Amazon Prime Video streaming service
- You have to be an Amazon Prime member to take advantage of the Starz free trial. You can claim the 30-day free trial, which means you can access not only Amazon Prime, but also get free two-day shipping at Amazon, Prime Music, and other benefits.
Here’s something for students: Amazon Prime has a student discount program, which offers a six-month free trial if you have proof that you’re a student.
The cool thing about Amazon Prime is that you can sign up for another free trial as long as the first and second trials are not within 12 months.
Of course, the Starz trial isn’t going to be as long as the six-month Amazon Prime Video trial, but it’s good to know, right?
Once your Amazon Prime trial ends, you’ll be billed $12.99/month or $119 a year.
If you don’t want the entire Amazon bundle, but just want to subscribe to Amazon Prime Video, you’ll be billed $8.99/month.
Hulu is home to over 2,500 movies and 1,650 TV shows. Hulu also invites new subscribers to enjoy STARZ® on Hulu free for one week along with its own 30-day free trial.
It's a giant box of free samples and it comes right to your door at no cost.
Click here and get yours.
- Hulu costs $6.99/month for its base plan, while the ad-free plan costs $12.99 a month.
- With a STARZ add-on, the Huly+STARZ bundle will increase to $8.99/month or $14.99 for the ad-free version.
fuboTV is the world’s only sports-focused live TV streaming service with top leagues and teams, plus popular shows, movies, and news on the side. There are 100 channels for the basic plan with optional add-ons that includes Starz.
This service also bundles up a STARZ free trial with its own seven-day fuboTV free trial. If you opt for a fuboTV trial, you’ll automatically get a STARZ trial with it.
Once the free fuboTV trial ends, you’d have to commit to $64.99 per month or cancel your account to prevent being charged.
If you just recently bought a new Roku streaming device, activate it immediately, so you can experience hit original series, movies, and much more from SHOWTIME®, STARZ®, and EPIX® on The Roku Channel.
Note that this free promotion is only for newly-activated Roku devices and goes only for 30 days.
4. Third-party Coupon Codes
Every so often, you can find coupon codes with legitimate Starz subscription discounts. Check out sites like:
- Starz promo codes on LA Times
- Starz promo codes on Business Insider
- Starz promo codes on PC World
- Starz promo codes on US News
- Starz promo codes on Wired
- Starz promo codes on Forbes
If you already searched online, you probably found more discount sites with Starz subscription promotions, but the sites above should have all the current promos recognized by Starz.
What is the cheapest way to get Starz?
YouTube TV offers the cheapest promotion available for a Starz subscription.
If you already have YouTube TV, go into your settings and find “add-ons,” where you’ll see the Starz deal at $2.99 a month for six months.
Sometimes, YouTube TV also sends a promo e-mail to would-be subscribers and when you sign up for YouTube TV, you get the discounted Starz subscription fee as well.
The Bottom Line
- How to get free TV channels without an antenna
- How to get FREE cable TV legally
- Free Xbox LIVE Codes
- Ways to get free or cheap MOVIE codes
- How to Get HULU for FREE (Here are 9 ways!)
You can also learn how to earn free gift cards and be able to pay for the Starz subscription for yourself by doing easy tasks. Enjoy!