Are you looking for a YouTube TV student discount?
- Daily Goodie Box - Grab a GIANT box of free samples from some of the world's most popular brands.
- Try Products - What's better than one giant box of free stuff? TWO giant boxes of free stuff. Join Try Products to get even more free samples shipped right to you.
- Survey Junkie - Test new products, keep them, and get paid for your feedback. Sign up for free to get started.
Who doesn’t love discounts, right?
If you’re eligible as a student and would LOVE to watch numerous TV channels straight on your phone, this guide should be everything you need.
But first, let’s talk about YouTube TV, its regular subscription fees, and why you should subscribe to YouTube TV if you already have YouTube premium.
What is YouTube TV?
YouTube TV, which is owned by YouTube, is a streaming television service that offers live TV, on-demand video, and cloud-based DVR from more than 85 television networks. It has been around since February 2017 and is only available in the United States.
YouTube Premium and YouTube TV are both paid YouTube services, but they are completely different services with different features.
YouTube Premium (formerly called YouTube Red) is a paid subscription that costs $11.99/month. It levels up a user’s YouTube experience by removing ads and bundling it with YouTube Music Premium.
How Much Does YouTube TV Cost?
Meanwhile, YouTube TV is a live TV streaming service that costs $64.98/month.
Sometimes, the monthly fee will be a LOT less depending on YouTube’s active promotion. As of May 2022, for example, YouTube gives its new subscribers a discounted rate of $54.99/month for the first three months after the trial.
YouTube TV includes:
- Major networks: BC, CBS, FOX, and NBC, plus local PBS channels.
- News channels: BBC America, CNBC, CNN, FOX News, and MSNBC
- Sports channels: CBS Sports, ESPN, ESPN 2, NFL Network, NBC Sports, MLB Network, and NBA TV
- Entertainment channels: BET, Comedy Central, MTV, and Nickelodeon
Aside from the 90 channels included in all YouTube TV subscriptions, users can also personalize their watching experience with add-on channels such as Acorn TV ($6 per month), AMC Premiere ($5 per month), and CuriosityStream ($2.99 per month).
How to Get a YouTube TV Student Discount
It’s understandable why people are looking for instructions on how to claim any YouTube TV student discount.
So, does YouTube TV have a student discount policy? Can high school students and college students get discounts on YouTube TV? Does YouTube TV require a student ID or college ID to qualify for a student discount?
Unfortunately, YouTube does not offer a YouTube TV student discount.
However, you’ll be glad to know that there is always a promo available with discounted YouTube TV subscription fees. Check the alternatives to the student discount program below:
YouTube TV Student Discount Alternatives
- Bundled with your phone plan – If you’re buying a new phone from a mobile company, or switching to a new plan, you can get a massively discounted YouTube TV subscription as a way to entice new subscribers.
- A good example of this is T-Mobile and Sprint limited promotion, where their customers are eligible to receive a $10 discount on YouTube TV every month for 12 months. (That’s a whopping $120 off your first year with YouTube TV). The company even gives a 3-month YouTube Premium freebie to all its T-Mobile and Sprint customers.
- Bundled with internet plan – Sometimes, your home internet plan could have an awesome deal with YouTube TV.
- For example, If you’re a Verizon customer, simply sign up through the My Verizon app; tap “Menu,” then “Account,” Add-ons” and lastly, “Entertainment,” where you can enroll in YouTube TV. If you aren’t currently a Verizon customer, you will need to switch to 5G Home Internet, and add YouTube TV to your account. This promotion gives any YouTube TV Verizon customer 1 month of free use to YouTube TV, but after that, streaming YouTube TV is $49.99/month for 1 membership with up to 6 accounts per household.
- Invite others and get a referral bonus credited to your YouTube TV bill – Send a friend a referral link and if this friend finishes their trial period and pays for a subscription, YouTube TV will give you a discount that will go towards your next monthly bill for your YouTube TV Base Plan. Find a referral each month and you’ll be able to get a discounted rate for as long as you can refer a paying subscriber.
Living in a Dorm? Get a Shared YouTube TV Membership & Family Groups
YouTube TV lets subscribers create groups, which allows you to share the subscription with up to five other people at no extra cost.
If you’re a group of students living in a dorm or sharing an apartment, you can divide the subscription fee into five parts.
Of course, like most subscriptions, you’ll save a LOT more if you pay for an annual subscription and just divide the cost between 5 students.
It's a giant box of free samples and it comes right to your door at no cost.
Click here and get yours.
Aside from the location restrictions, there are other terms.
For example: “family group members” can use YouTube TV on up to three separate devices at the same time. But if one “family member” is watching YouTube TV on both a computer and a mobile device, this counts as two of the three available devices – even though they’re being used by the same account.
YouTube TV Free Trial
Of course, you can also go for the 7-day YouTube TV free trial.
If you’re lucky to create a YouTube TV account while they’re on promotion, you can even enjoy a two-week or 1-month free trial.
To claim your free trial, complete the following process on your desktop or mobile:
- Click the Try It Free button on the YouTube TV homepage.
- Log in to your Google account, enter your ZIP code and select Next.
- Review all the channels included in the base package in your area, then select Next.
- Select the premium add-ons you wish to include. (Note that each add-on will have a corresponding fee per channel added). Once you’ve chosen all your preferred add-ons, select Next.
- Lastly, confirm the details of your subscription, enter your billing details, and select Start Trial.
The good news is you won’t be charged for the trial period.
However, you will be charged afterward if you don’t cancel the subscription. You’ll automatically become a paid member at the monthly rate.
Looking for Other Free and Discounted Streaming Providers?
YouTube TV isn’t cheap.
But if you can’t get enough streaming new and old TV shows, movies, documentaries, and other content, it’s always nice to get second or more options beyond your main streaming provider such as Netflix.
Here are some you might LOVE to access at discounted rates or totally free:
- How to Get a Disney Plus Student Discount
- 6 Ways to Get Free TV Channels Without an Antenna
- 5 Legit Ways to Get Cheap or Free Digital Movie Codes
- How to Get Hulu for Free
- 11 Brilliant Ways to Get Free Cable TV Legally
Also, don’t miss my post about all the companies that offer the first month free on things like your Netflix subscription, Hulu, Amazon Prime, WWE, Apple TV, and more.