If you’re looking for any service or subscription with first month free, there are quite a lot you can join, register for, and subscribe to.
All of the cool things I’m going to list below will give you a free month (or two) worth of services, but will require you to choose a plan for the second (paid) month from the start and enter your payment details.
The benefit of having the first month free is that you can cancel the service right before the second month rolls in. Most companies honor the cancellation as long as you’ve ended the service on time. They are quite strict with payment after the due date though, so better have these dates saved in your calendar, or get your credit card charged with another month you’re not planning to use.
20 Companies Giving Customers First Month Free
1. Hulu and Hulu+ – Watch unlimited HULU movies, TV shows, sports, live events, and other entertainment. Needs payment details upfront, but charges won’t appear until the end of your free trial. There are two kinds of free trial (depending on the plan you’re signing up for:
Sign up for all 3 sites to get regular freebies in the mail.
- Daily Goodie Box - Grab a GIANT box of free samples from some of the world's most popular brands.
- Freebies.com - Similar to Daily Goodie Box. Create an account, pick which samples you want, and get a big box of free stuff delievered straight to you.
- SwagBucks - Free $10.00 for signing up! Trade your thoughts for cash.
- Classic Hulu – Offered up to 30 days
- Hulu + Live (with sports and live news) – Offered only for 7 days free
Monthly fees after the first month free ranges from $5 to $61.
2. Netflix – If you don’t know it yet, Netflix offers the first month free, then charges you $11/month after. For this fee, you get to watch unlimited movies, TV shows, original Netflix films, documentaries, stand-up comedies, and more.
3. Apple TV+ – Buy any Apple gadget (phone, laptop, TV) and you can get access to Apple TV+ free for an entire year. That’s more than any other streaming services here. If you’re a new subscriber (but didn’t buy an Apple product), you can still get access to the Apple TV+ for free, but only for 7 days. You’ll have to shell out $4.99 per month after the trial.
4. Amazon Prime – Similar to other streaming services, you get full control of what movies, TV shows and other entertainment to watch, no matter how much or how little. The first 30 days is free, but comes at $8.99/month after.
5. WWE – Love wrestling? Watch historical events like Mr.McMahon vs. Stone Cold, or new pay-per-view events (without extra charge). New subscribers just need to sign-up to get access to a whole month of free WWE’s wrestling library. The succeeding months go for $9.99/month though.
6. Spotify – Listen to thousands of artists from all around the world. Subscribe to Spotify Premium with your credit card and receive the first 3 months free. You can cancel anytime you like.
7. YouTube Premium – Annoyed by ads on YouTube? You can use the site without ads by getting the premium version for uninterrupted video-watching. You can also download videos and listen to music 24/7.
8. Readly – Are you a fan of magazines? Get to read MAXIM, Playboy, Consumer’s Report, Reader’s Digest and a whole lot more by signing up to unlimited 1-month (sometimes it’s only available as a two-week trial).
Get back into shape or lose weight. Most gym memberships are made free for the first month, no matter where you are. For example:
9. Signup to any of the ten branches of 10GYM in Oaklahoma
10. Join any of the golf courses or other spots from Great Life (in South Dakota, Kansas, and other nearby areas)
11. Enroll from any Edge Fitness Club and receive one month free access of the entire gym from spinning classes to weight training and other group exercises.
These are just 3 examples, but I’m sure you can find a local gym near you that offers 30 days of glorious workout space access.
Phone Service Providers
Free first month credits are a favorite promo among phone services. It’s easy to create and gives special treatment to new subscribers (whether transferred from another provider, or as a new subscriber completely).
12. Hello Mobile – If you’re planning to switch providers, Hello Mobile is giving away a month’s worth of phone credits.
13. US Mobile – Get unlimited talk and text, plus 8GB of data for 1 month. US mobile is giving away a month’s worth of their highest-priced phone plan to anyone who bought a Palm.
Books and Education
14. Skillshare – Those looking for a new skill to master but want to try out a particular line of work first, the 2-month free access to Skillshare Premium can be the thing you need to jump-start a new career. After the trial, courses are at $15/month.
15. Gamefly – Choose from over 9,000 games and videos. If you’re a first-time customer, you can choose from Gamefly’s library and keep the game as long as you want. The company then sends you the next game lined up on your waiting list.
16. ABC Mouse – Learning website for kids with over 9,000 learning activities. It is accessible on all devices and can be used by up to 3 kids at a time. You have to pre-pay the second month ($9.95/month), but the first month is on the house.
If your business is on the web, or your job relies on apps, programs and other internet tools, this category may just be what you need.
17. CenturyLink – For a limited time, new CenturyLink customers can enjoy the first month free on select cloud application bundles or stand-alone products. Just use the promo code “1MONTHFREEAPPS” when it’s time to check out.
These 3 sites will send you FREE stuff in the mail and PAY YOU to hear what you think about what you receive.
18. DocuSign – Bring your business online with the ability to sign documents digitally. Not only will this reduce costs, but also increase business security and enhance technology. Try it out for a month without obligations (No need to enter you payment details first).
19. Shutterstock – Need royalty-free photos, vectors, and illustrations for your projects? You can get access to this massive stock photo site for an entire month.
20. Zendesk Support – Provide professional customer support for your online business. Zendesk can organize, track and prioritize customer tickets on your behalf. Succeeding paid months range from $5 to $200/month.
Here’s one more bonus: If you’re looking for a cloud hosting provider and want to try them out first, check out the 30-day Exclusive Hosting trial. Just tick the “Start Free Trial” button and begin. No need to enter your credit card details either.
Wrap Up: How to Use the First Month Free
You’d be surprised that this first month free scheme works beyond Netflix – it’s been a marketing tactic of companies for decades. In fact, even video rental stores like Blockbuster used to make their membership fees free for the first month.
There is a never-ending supply of apps, educational courses, phone plans, and other services that could make our lives easier, so why not try them out?
- Some people go into these deals with the mindset that they’re just going to enjoy a month’s worth of free access and cancel quickly when that time is up.
- Others are actually interested in the product and the free first month promo pushed them to eventually bite.
No matter which group of subscriber you belong, taking advantage of these free services can be an awesome experience.
Note that if you’re interested in subscription boxes with free first month, I didn’t include any on this list. Instead, check out the post I made about free subscription boxes here.