Are you wondering if you can get free sunglasses with your swimsuit purchase? Or as part of your buy 1, take 1 promo at the optical shop?
Can you really get a pair of sunglasses that are truly free? What’s the catch?
On this post, I’ll talk about what has worked for me in the past, and which methods are not worth your time.
Get Free Sunglasses with these 5 Methods
Getting free sunglasses isn’t a secret offered only to the few. If you do a bit of due diligence, you can actually take advantage of these freebies whenever possible.
Sign up for all 3 sites to get regular freebies in the mail.
- Daily Goodie Box - Grab a GIANT box of free samples from some of the world's most popular brands.
- Freebies.com - Similar to Daily Goodie Box. Create an account, pick which samples you want, and get a big box of free stuff delievered straight to you.
- SwagBucks - Free $10.00 for signing up! Trade your thoughts for cash.
You just have to be aware of the following techniques:
1. Use Your New Customer Privileges
If you regularly order contact lenses or eyeglasses, I’m sure you have a favorite store to buy them from by now. That’s all fine and good, but if you’re looking for freebies, explore other stores and take advantage of their promotions to bait new customers, such as:
- Buy 1, Get 1 – Buy your prescription glasses, then either get another pair of eyeglasses, or contact lenses, or free sunglasses. The freebie can be
- Free first pair – Some stores actually give away a pair of sunglasses or eyeglasses completely free. Others shoulder everything, while many of them let you pay for shipping and handling fees.
- Discounts – New customers often receive discounts of up to 50% or more during their first purchase. While free stuff is best, you can never go wrong with high-quality glasses priced inexpensively.
Note that there are usually limitations to these freebies, so read the fine print. They are also exclusive to new customers.
2. First Pair Free on Sunglasses Subscription Boxes
If you’re a fan of either the subscription box model, or sunglasses in general, then you’d love exploring the world of subscription box sunnies!
As you might have guessed, the sunglasses subscription box programs offer you different plans (receive 1 pair, 2 or more, as well as choose for men, women or unisex shades). Once you subscribe to a plan, the company will then mail you your order automatically each month.
Most of these providers would require you to enter your card upon subscribing, so you will also be charged automatically each month. As such, they are more than happy to give away the first pair free.
However, note that not all companies do this. Sometimes, they offer other deals (slashed prices, discounts, etc.) instead.
3. Join Referral, Loyalty and Affiliate Programs
The beauty of eCommerce is that even as niche as sunglasses can still have its own referral, loyalty and affiliate programs. Depending on the company, these programs let customers earn either points or cash, which you can redeem by spending on the shop (or withdrawn via PayPal or other payout options).
Some companies use their own affiliate program. However, you’ll soon find out that many companies prefer to go with an already established third-party affiliate program.
- Firmoo’s affiliate program uses ShareAsale for its affiliate program, which means you’d have to register there as well (if you haven’t already).
- Eyeconic’s affiliate program is tied to CJ (Commission Junction)
Referral and loyalty programs usually pay in rewards or points, which you can then redeem for free products from the store.
Participating in these programs mean you could earn free sunglasses for yourself once you earn enough points.
4. Find Contests and Giveaways
For those who really want to collect as many free sunglasses as they can, I suggest you find as many eyewear shops you can find, join their newsletters, follow their social media platforms, and keep updated with their promotions.
Contests and giveaways can be:
- Hosted by specific brands (which means you can only get sunglasses from the sponsored brand), or hosted by the shop (which means they will decide which sunglasses to giveaway as prizes). For example, CoolWinks.com had a free sunglasses offer, but only exclusively from their LA Express, Foster Grant or Revlon collections.
- Done completely in one platform. For example, an Instagram contest for the best-looking flatlay shot, or a Pinterest infographics.
- A popularity contest. Post a picture of yourself wearing your favorite sunglasses, then the photo with the most-likes, hearts, or follows wins the prize.
- A game of chance. Sometimes, companies will opt to draw the prizes off randomly. As such, anyone who registers, sends an entry, or even just likes a post can join the giveaway. For example, 2020opticians.com encouraged first-time eyeglass wearers to post their pictures with the hashtag #MyFirstGlasses and anyone who does were included in the draw.
The problem with joining contests and giveaways is that you’d have to be active online.
Most companies announce these promos via e-mail a few days before the actual start of event. If you aren’t checking your mail regularly, then there’s a big possibility you’ll miss the chance of joining such promotions.
5. Explore Clothing Stores
Aside from eyewear stores and optic shops, you can also explore clothing and accessory shops when hunting for free sunglasses.
In 2019, 5th & Baldwin gave away hundreds of super-cool, retro sunglasses to lucky people who were able to “buy” them. During this promotion, the company (who was famous for their 100% UV protected polarized sunglasses) simply replaced their polarized lens with a basic UV lens to get the price super-low enough to give their customers a free pair of sunglasses for just the cost of shipping.
It’s a pretty cool deal, especially since all the buzz helped bring more people (and new customers) to the company.
Free Sunglasses Promo Limitations
Like with any freebie, you can’t be too choosy when trying to have some free sunglasses sent directly to your home. In most cases, you have no control over the type, brand, or quantity of sunglasses you could get.
These 3 sites will send you FREE stuff in the mail and PAY YOU to hear what you think about what you receive.
Sometimes, to be able to receive free sunglasses, you must pay shipping and handling cost.
Getting free stuff is never perfect, but if you follow these 5 methods, you’ll have a better chance at taking a new pair of sunglasses home.