The average lifespan of a pair of glasses is between 1 to 3 years, so being able to grab free eyeglasses every now and then is a treat for people who are bound to wearing them throughout their lives.
- Daily Goodie Box - Grab a GIANT box of free samples from some of the world's most popular brands.
- Try Products - What's better than one giant box of free stuff? TWO giant boxes of free stuff. Join Try Products to get even more free samples shipped right to you.
- Survey Junkie - Work with companies like Nike, Sony, and Apple and get paid to test out their latest products!
If you invested in a high-quality brand with durable lenses and special coatings, plus you know how to take care of them, there’s a good chance your glasses could go beyond the three-year-mark.
But if you need new eyeglasses now, I hope this post could help you save a bit of cash.
7 Companies that Give Away Free Eyeglasses
Almost every company is going to make you pay shipping and handling fees. There are no real options to get completely free eyeglasses. With that said, the shipping and handling fees are pretty minimal and make all of these deals worthwhile.
This company always make their “free eyeglasses” promo available from time to time, but the frame choices are limited (you can only choose from the promo page).
In addition, only new customers are eligible, which means they only offer “first pair free glasses.”
Note that single vision 1.50 index lenses are free for you, but upgraded lenses are available at an extra fee. You’ll also be shouldering shipping and handling fees.
2. Glasses Shop
You can get your first pair free by using the code “FIRSTFREE” at the checkout.
This promo is only valid one per customer and prescription. What’s cool about this promo is that it already includes 1.50 Single Vision Lenses, Anti-Scratch Coating and protective case with microfiber cloth free.
You do have to pay for shipping and handling fee.
Note that if this promo isn’t available when you visit the store, the company offers 50% discount for new customers as well.
Choose your favorite pair of glasses from their collection (there’s a page for the promo frames), add in your prescription information, continue to the cart and check out.
If you don’t have prescription yet, you might be asked to pay for the eye exam. Shipping fees are also excluded from this deal.
4. Glasses USA
This company usually makes the first prescription glasses of every customer free of charge.
However, if the promo has ended when you check this out, you can always use the coupon code “WELCOME50” to get 50% off your first pair.
This limited offer is only for free frames (and not the lenses). Each customer can get up to two free frames within the promo period.
Note that the promotion is only exclusive to GRAVIATE and XSTYL frames only, and it is only available up to July 31, 2020.
This company offers free frame + free lenses to new customers. They have frames available for men, women and kids.
Unlike other companies on this list, Finest Glasses provides prescription lenses for free as well, but only 1.50 – 1.57 Index single vision lenses.
What they don’t shoulder are the eye exam and shipping fees, so you must first get your prescription information elsewhere.
This company usually has several special offers available at any given time. If you’re a new customer, you can choose promos, such as:
- Buy one pair and get the second pair 50%, or
- Buy 4 boxes of contact lenses and get a free pair of eyeglasses. This promo includes any frame up to $69 and single vision plastic lenses. You’ll be charged extra for high-powered prescriptions of 4D. sph. or 2D. cyl. or over. Requires current contact lens prescription.
It's a giant box of free samples and it comes right to your door at no cost.
Click here and get yours.
Buy 1 Take 1 and Other Eyeglass Promos
Some companies request you pay for the lens, but give everything else (grading + special coating) free of charge.
Which parts or features of the eyeglasses are included will depend largely on the company sharing that deal. For example:
- Free frames from Googles4U – Buy the first pair and get the second one free. You can also win free eyeglasses if you sign up for their newsletter.
- WarByParker’s “Home Try On” Program – This company has a cool program: you pick 5 frames and they’ll mail them to you free. They will give you five days “try them at home” and once the 5 days are up, you just mail it back with the prepaid return label. And when you’re ready to buy your chosen frame, just go to the store any time.
- Liingo Eyewear – Offers the same 5-day in-home, try-on promo as WarByParker.
- See Eyewear – Buy 5 pairs of prescription glasses and they’ll throw in the 6th pair free of charge. The purchases doesn’t have to be in one go, but it must be within 30 days.
- Zinff – Choose two frames from the Zinff collection, select lenses step by step, and use the code “BOGO” when checking out to take advantage of the company’s Buy 1, Get 1 free promo. If you’re new to this store, you may also get your first pair of eyeglasses at super-cheap prices.
- For Eyes – Buy one branded eyeglasses, and get the second one free. Free pair includes single vision cr-39 lenses and must be of equal or lesser value than the first pair. Non-prescription sunglasses, readers and contact lenses are not eligible.
- LEOptique – Buy two complete pairs of eyeglasses for $16.90 if you use the checkout code “BOGO50.” If you’re a new customer, you could also get your first frame 50% off.
Free Eyeglasses Through Charities
Most of them do not provide free eye exams though, so you should first check with the American Academy of Ophthalmology for a free eye exam to get your prescription.
If you’re feeling generous and want to help out, there are programs like EyeBuyDirect’s “Buy One Give One,” where you can order your prescription glasses normally and then the company donates another pair for someone in need (from everywhere in the world). Diff Eyewear also has a similar Buy One, Give One promo, but they focus on giving away reading glasses.
Is There a Catch to Free Eyeglasses?
The cool thing about optical shops is that they will tell you pointblank what fees are involved in their specific promos. As such, if ever there’s a catch with the free eyeglass promo, it’s highly likely that it is written somewhere, so make sure to double check.
If your eyesight isn’t the best, but you are not a fan of eyeglasses, then you should definitely check out my post about how to get free contact lenses.