Makeup can be expensive, but if you can score free makeup samples, you’d be able to try out products and see if they’re perfect for your skin or routine, before buy retail sizes.
As with the free perfume for women and free cologne samples for men, the makeup samples are usually trial size. If you’re lucky to receive cosmetics samples from a generous brand, then that’s pretty awesome.
So without further ado, here are 9 ways you can get free makeup samples:
9 Ways to Get Free Makeup Samples
Some companies will allow you to request samples right from home, others will give out freebies when you visit them in-store.
Sign up for all 3 sites to get regular freebies in the mail.
- Daily Goodie Box - Grab a GIANT box of free samples from some of the world's most popular brands.
- Freebies.com - Similar to Daily Goodie Box. Create an account, pick which samples you want, and get a big box of free stuff delievered straight to you.
- SwagBucks - Free $10.00 for signing up! Trade your thoughts for cash.
Either way, it’s free!
1. Visit Sephora
Take advantage of Sephora’s generosity. The company not only gives away free makeup per checkout, you can also get 1 product under skincare and 1 for fragrance.
Free makeup samples are available online, but if you visit Sephora’s brick-and-mortar stores, you’ll be surprised that even their employees will be offering you samples.
2. Go to official websites and request samples
Many brands alternative the free makeup samples from brow pencils to blush-ons, lipsticks to any other cosmetics.
For example, the Everyday Minerals Free 4 Eyeshadow is a Free 4-Piece Try Me Custom Kit. Velvet shades offer subtle pearl sheen and are ideal for every day wear. Receive 4 eye shadows of your choice. Brush and shipping are not included. Exclusive shades are available in baby sizes.
3. Join Testing Panels
Cosmetics companies like L’Oreal and fashion magazines like Glamour and Vogue conduct makeup testing panels regularly. They invite individuals to participate in these consumer panels in hopes of getting feedback that would help them improve the product and understand the needs of their target markets.
Check out these examples:
- “L’Oreal USA is currently recruiting men and women (18 years and older) to evaluate the following types of products: hair care, cosmetics, skincare. We have evaluation opportunities on site in New Jersey and Ohio between the hours of 7:30 am and 5:00 pm, but if you can’t make it for on-site testing, there is an opportunity to test at home. The product(s) will be mailed to you for evaluation and you will have an on-line questionnaire(s) to fill out.”
- Vogue Insiders Community is always looking for new members to share their voices.
- Instyle Trendsetters is accepting new users who love fashion and cosmetics, and want to share their opinions to branded items.
FreeCosmeticTesting.com is similar to these programs, except they do not have a specific brand exclusivity.
4. Become an Influencer
As a member of these sites, you are sent free makeup samples and other products in exchange for your honest feedback. Most of the time, the “influencers” receive full-sized products for their reviews.
Products come weekly or monthly, while others require you to join a panel instead of just filling up a survey form.
There is no money involved, but you’ll be testing a lot of free products if you join these sites.
5. Visit the Nearest Department Store
Go to your local Macy’s and ask if they have free makeup samples available.
More often than not, you’ll receive branded items from Clinique, Benefit, Lancome, or others even without buying anything.
6. Hunt for Beauty Subscription Boxes
Beauty boxes are made up of several branded items for makeup, skincare, hygiene products, grooming and more. When a customer pays for a subscription box, he/she will be receiving a beauty box each month in exchange for a monthly fee.
If you begin a subscription to most of the beauty subscription boxes below, you could get the first box free if you’re lucky:
7. Order Makeup Online to Receive Free Makeup Samples
You’ll find a small message at the checkout asking if you want to receive promotional items, freebies, newsletters, or any other giveaways.
If you tick this box, it often means you’ll be one of the lucky people to be sent free makeup samples by mail whenever new freebies are available.
8. Coupons and Free Drugstore Makeup are match-made in Heaven
If you’re all about couponing, you probably know by now that drugstores are a perfect place to score free makeup samples and other beauty products.
These 3 sites will send you FREE stuff in the mail and PAY YOU to hear what you think about what you receive.
9. Follow Makeup Brands Everywhere and Join Contests
This isn’t guaranteed, but if you’re always on social media anyway, follow all the makeup brands you like and wait for contests, giveaways and promos.
You can score free makeup samples and other freebies this way. You just need a little patience and some luck.
Follow celebrities like Kyline Jenner, Nicki Minaj, and other famous people with their own line of cosmetics on social media as well. These influencers are regularly hosting giveaways for promotion, so be on the lookout.
Are there Free Makeup Samples by Mail?
If you’re only looking for companies that send out free makeup samples by mail, your best bet is to send requests to every cosmetics brand of your choosing. Make sure to include your name and address, so the products would be sent to the right place.
Sometimes, the company wouldn’t reply to you anymore and just send free stuff to your home.
The beauty subscription boxes aren’t really free.
You may need to pay for shipping, or pay for an entire year to receive a free month’s worth of makeup. Always read the terms of the promo, so you won’t be disappointed if your credit card has been charged.
The Bottom Line
Free makeup samples are everywhere – you just have to know where to look.
Some people don’t even pay for makeup anymore and rely on these freebies to pretty them up for months or years, so if you want to save money from cosmetics, I recommend to give this list a chance and hunt for free makeup.