If you’re looking for free Steam gift cards, you’re a gamer and you know that buying games is expensive. And because new games are released almost daily nowadays, those who want to try them out will quickly run out of cash.
Steam is probably the most popular gaming digital marketplace with over 30,000 existing games and software on their store. They have their own game launcher, a massive community of gamers, and almost every title imaginable.
While Steam does let users try out about 100 games from the library at any given time, it isn’t the same as choosing the game you actually want to play. So if you’re here to try and find out where you could get free steam gift cards, I’ll let you in on what I know…
Free Steam Gift Cards and Steam Codes
First, let’s talk about Steam codes, which look something like this: “JU5TX-KGFHM-ENHYT”.
Sign up for all 3 sites to get regular freebies in the mail.
- Daily Goodie Box - Grab a GIANT box of free samples from some of the world's most popular brands.
- Freebies.com - Similar to Daily Goodie Box. Create an account, pick which samples you want, and get a big box of free stuff delievered straight to you.
- SwagBucks - Free $10.00 for signing up! Trade your thoughts for cash.
Every Steam user has a digital wallet inside their accounts. You can store funds here from the games you play, or items you’ve sold on the Community market. You can also use the codes to download games and play.
Because many kids play on Stream, having the digital wallet with codes prevent them from accidentally. To fund the Steam wallet, you can either transfer money from your bank account, or use steam codes much like you use traditional gift cards.
Steam gift cards are for sale at various brick-and-mortar stores. You then have to scratch the back to access the code. You can then redeem this gift card on Stream by entering the codes, which will now become credits or funds available in your digital wallet.
Steam codes are real, so are Steam gift cards. What makes Steam scams are those that take advantage of gamers’ desperation to get free Steam gift cards that they do anything (like downloading virus-infected programs, entering sensitive personal information, and so on).
So is there a way to earn free steam gift cards and codes?
12 Ways to Earn Free Steam Gift Card Codes
Yep, there are actually dozens of ways you can work your way for free Steam credits. Here are 12 from well-known companies:
- SwagBucks – FREE $10 Sign Up Bonus! – This site is pretty popular and has been paying people with millions worth of gift cards just by doing things online like watching videos, searching the web, or shopping online. You can convert the points you collect into free Steam gift cards or codes.
- Inbox Dollars – Join the site and get $5 no questions asked, then earn more money by filling a survey, watching videos and completing other small tasks. Convert the funds you collect with either cash or gift cards like Steam.
- PrizeRebel – Complete surveys and share feedback on stuff like the other 8 million users on the site. Each task completed pays you points, which you can convert to buy Steam gift card codes, Walmart gift card, Amazon gift card, iTunes credit or other payment methods.
- PointsPrizes – This site pays users to answer surveys and perform other tasks like watching videos or browsing the web. PointsPrizes support a wide range of gift cards, including Steam.
- eBonus.gg – Complete short tasks like reviewing live stream channels, watching videos and answering surveys. Get paid in coins, which you could then convert into Steam wallet codes.
- GrabPoints – Get paid to watch TV, download apps, and other no-brainer tasks. Each completed task gets you points, which you could exchange for Steam codes or PayPal money.
- Rakuten – Known formerly as eBates, this cashback site works by letting you shop normally in over 2,500 stores and reward you with rebates. Joining the site even gets you $10 without any fuss.
- GiftHulk – Complete short tasks and earn “Hulk coins,” which you can then convert into Paypal cash, Amazon gift card, Walmart gift card, or even a Steam wallet card.
- Opinion Outpost – Get $10 for joining, then earn more easy cash by sharing your opinion on online surveys.
- Dosh – You need to enter your card details, but once you do, all your shopping will automatically earn you real cash back. You can then transfer you cash to Paypal, your bank account, or any other payment method of your choice.
- Survey Junkie – It mainly requires you to fill up surveys, but other tasks may be available as well. Join and get $5 instantly, then do more surveys to earn enough for a Steam gift card.
- My Points – Join now and receive $10 gift card. Take the first five surveys and earn $5 quickly, then use the site to earn cashback as you shop. All collected points can be converted into Steam credits in the future.
Play Games while Earning Free Steam Gift Cards
This method of earning Steam codes is not easy, but if you’re not a fan of surveys and other quick tasks and prefer to play games instead, you still have a chance to get free Steam gift cards.
Many Steam users report in the in-house community that they were able to play a ton of hours in a particular game, save up weapons or accessories, and then sell them to other gamers in the community market.
You’d be surprised to know that some gamers actually bite and pay for hard-earned gaming items. It’s a great way to increase Steam wallet funds.
Outside of Steam, there’s Gamekit, Gamehag and other sites like these that pay you points to play the games on their sites or apps. Convert the points into Steam credits and you can enjoy downloading more Steam games.
The Bottom Line
Steam is a fantastic place for gamers, but it can be a dangerous site if you’re not careful with spending. The summer and winter sales could make quite a dent in your savings account if you aren’t careful.
And odds are, you will buy games that will sit in your library for years and never get played.
Thank goodness for free Steam gift cards and codes that you can use to offset your budget for online games.