If you’re a gamer, you’re probably on Steam every day looking at the new releases. But if you spend on these games every day, you’ll very quickly run out of cash. The good news is that you can get Steam gift cards and wallet codes from legit sources.
Steam is probably the most popular gaming digital marketplace with over 30,000 existing games and software on their store. They have their own game launcher, a massive community of gamers, and almost every title imaginable.
While Steam does let users try out about 100 games from the library at any given time, it isn’t the same as choosing the game you actually want to play. So if you’re here to try and find out where you could get free Steam gift cards, read on to find out how!
Free Steam Gift Cards and Steam Codes
First, let’s talk about your Steam Wallet.
Sign up for all 3 sites to get regular freebies in the mail.
It is essentially a digital bank created by Steam enabling their users to store funds here from various sources that they can use to buy games and in-game items from Steam.
To place funds on a Steam Wallet, you can either transfer funds from a bank account, Steam gift cards, or Steam wallet codes.
Steam gift cards can be bought at various brick-and-mortar stores, such as electronic retailers, convenience stores, game stores, and grocery stores. You have to scratch the back to access the code and then redeem them on the Steam website or the Steam app.
You can also buy Steam Wallet codes that can be sent electronically, such as through SMS or email.
Unfortunately, there are scammers who utilize the Steam wallet facility to trick desperate gamers into downloading virus-infected programs or providing sensitive personal information in exchange for free Steam gift cards.
I assure you, this list contains only legitimate ways to earn free Steam gift cards and wallet codes.
It doesn’t mean that you don’t have to work or do something in return, but these are all legal and legitimate ways.
18 Ways to Earn Free Steam Gift Card Codes
Yep, there are actually dozens of ways you can work your way for free Steam credits. Here are 18 from well-known companies:
- SwagBucks – FREE $5 Sign Up Bonus! — This site is pretty popular and has been paying people millions worth of gift cards just by doing things online like watching videos, searching the web, or shopping online. You can convert the points you collect into free Steam gift cards or codes.
- Inbox Dollars — Join the site and get $5 no questions asked, then earn more money by answering a survey, watching videos, and completing other small tasks online. Convert the funds you collect to cash or gift cards like Steam.
- PrizeRebel — Complete surveys and share feedback on stuff like the other 8 million users on the site. Each task completed pays you points, which you can convert to buy Steam gift card codes, Walmart gift card, Amazon gift card, iTunes credit, or other payment methods.
- PointsPrizes — This site pays users to answer surveys and perform other tasks like watching videos or browsing the web. PointsPrizes support a wide range of gift cards, including Steam.
- PlayNANO — Complete short tasks like watching videos, answering surveys, and playing games. Get paid in Nano, which is a cryptocurrency that you could then convert into Steam wallet codes.
- GrabPoints — Get paid to watch TV, download apps, and other no-brainer tasks. Each completed task gets you points, which you could exchange for Steam codes or PayPal money.
- Rakuten — Known formerly as eBates, this cashback site works by letting you shop normally in over 2,500 stores and reward you with rebates. Joining the site even gets you $10 without any fuss.
- Surveytime — Get $1 simply for signing up, and earn $1 for every survey you complete. Surveys are assigned based on your profile.
- Opinion Outpost — Get $10 for joining, then earn more easy cash by sharing your opinion on online surveys.
- Dosh — You need to enter your card details, but once you do, all your shopping will automatically earn you real cash back. You can then transfer you cash to Paypal, your bank account, or any other payment method of your choice.
- Slidejoy — This Android app rewards you in Carats for letting them show you ads on your lockscreen. Carats can be exchanged for a Visa prepaid card or various gift cards, including free Steam gift cards.
- Rewardia — Play games, complete surveys, and earn points that you can exchange for various gift cards, including Steam gift cards. You’ll need a minimum of 5,000 points or the equivalent of $5 to redeem these points.
- Mistplay — This app is a loyalty program for mobile gamers that rewards you for playing games that they recommend. Earn Units that you can exchange for various rewards, such as Google Play credits, Prepaid Virtual Visa credits, and of course, free Steam gift cards.
- Gamehag — Unlike Mistplay, which is only for mobile games, Gamehag is a loyalty program that allows you to earn points (called Soul Gems) for playing mobile and PC games. Once you have enough Soul Gems, you can redeem them for free Steam gift cards, as well as free games and in-game items.
- Bananatic — Bananatic offers plenty of free to play online games to test and review, for which you can earn Bananas in exchange for free gift cards.
- AppNana — Earn Nanas when you play games on your mobile and redeem them for gift cards.
- Survey Junkie — It mainly requires you to fill up surveys, but other tasks may be available as well. Join and get $5 instantly, then do more surveys to earn enough for a Steam gift card.
- My Points — Join now and receive a $10 gift card. Take the first five surveys and earn $5 quickly, then use the site to earn cashback as you shop. All collected points can be converted into Steam credits in the future.
Play Games While Earning Free Steam Gift Cards
This method of earning Steam codes is not easy, but if you’re not a fan of surveys and other quick tasks and prefer to play games instead, you still have a chance to get free Steam gift cards.
Many Steam users report in the in-house community that they were able to play a ton of hours in a particular game, save up weapons or accessories, and then sell them to other gamers in the community market.
You’d be surprised to know that some gamers actually bite and pay for hard-earned gaming items. It’s a great way to increase Steam wallet funds.
Check these forums as well…
Various Reddit communities are great places to connect with other gamers and earn Steam wallet codes, too.
FreeGamesOnSteam has all the new games on Steam, SteamGameSwap can bring down your videogame expenses by providing a way to swap games you don’t want for games you do want, and SteamGiveaways hosts giveaways that you can join to have a chance to win Steam wallet codes.
The Bottom Line
Steam is a fantastic place for gamers, but it can be a huge drain on your wallet if you’re not careful with spending, especially the summer and winter sales events.
Thank goodness for free Steam gift cards and codes that you can earn legitimately and use to offset your budget for online games.
If you’re tired of playing games or need to buy something else, most of these reward sites also give out cash through your bank account or PayPal. Most of them also give out gift cards for various retailers, such as Amazon, Walmart, Target, and many more.