Bath bombs are the adult version of bubble baths – they can easily make your tub experience go 10 notches up. They are made with essential oils, fragrances, cool colors, and other ingredients that cater to making your skin healthier and smoother.
- Daily Goodie Box - Grab a GIANT box of free samples from some of the world's most popular brands.
- Try Products - What's better than one giant box of free stuff? TWO giant boxes of free stuff. Join Try Products to get even more free samples shipped right to you.
- Survey Junkie - Work with companies like Nike, Sony, and Apple and get paid to test out their latest products!
If you haven’t tried adding bath bombs before and you need some pamper time, get these free bath bombs and learn how to make your own bath fizzlers and benefit from a spa-like experience at the comfort of your own home.
Companies Giving Away Free Bath Bombs
Free bath bombs come few and far between, but they do exist. You just need to find which companies host giveaways, when they do this, and follow them so you won’t miss out.
1. Sky Organics
- How Often: Sometimes with purchase. Other times during sales.
- How to Request Bath Bomb Samples: Try to e-mail or send a message at either Instagram or Facebook. Their kids’ set is super popular because of its “bite-sized” colorful size and the surprise toy hidden inside. Sky Organics also sell ingredients, so if you’re looking to make your own bath products, you could start here.
2. Sapon USA
- How Often: Black Friday, Cyber Monday and other typical sale dates
- How to Request Bath Bomb Samples: Samples are not readily available every day, so you can only get a freebie if you join and win contests or giveaways. Make sure to follow them on Instagram, since most of their promos are announced here.
- How Often: Almost quarterly and when new products are launched
- How to Request Bath Bomb Samples: This company has a HUGE following for 3 reasons: (1) they’ve got cool themed bath bombs, (2) the surprise rings inside the bath bombs also match the themes, (3) anyone who purchases have a chance to win a second ring worth $5,000. Subscribe to the newsletter for updates about giveaways, or follow them on Facebook.
- How Often: Freebies with purchase during holidays and special occasions
- How to Request Bath Bomb Samples: This company is known for simple, yet luxurious bath bomb products. All soaps and bombs are handmade by a single man, Scott Elgart, who crafts all the products by hand. Subscribe to the newsletter to get special updates, or send an e-mail to request a sample.
- How Often: Standard holiday sales and other impromptu price drops
- How to Request Bath Bomb Samples: This company doesn’t publish info about free samples, but has giveaways and contests on Instagram regularly (like this). Fizz & Bubble’s “artisan bath fizzies” are next level – expect real lavender bits and jojo bead sprinkles on your bath bombs.
- How Often: Promos and special requests.
- How to Request Bath Bomb Samples: This is eucalyptus and lavender bath bomb is unique because its target market are babies suffering from congestion during flu season. Unfortunately, the only way to get free samples is to win it during sweepstakes and giveaways. Some people report being given samples after sending a request via e-mail, but this is not guaranteed.
- How Often: Only during promotions like this. Make sure you’re updated with promos by signing up to their newsletter.
- How to Request Bath Bomb Samples: This company doesn’t offer free samples, but their giveaways are awesome because not only do you get to receive bath bombs for free, the whole concept of Jackpot Candles is that there is a surprise hidden inside either the bath bomb or candle. This surprise is fancy jewelry – either a ring or pendant necklace.
- How Often: Ulta Beauty gives away free samples with purchase. If you’re planning to buy anything from this store, check the Gifts with Purchase page to see if there are any free bath bombs available.
- How to Request Bath Bomb Samples: Unfortunately, Ulta doesn’t send samples by request. Your best bet is to join Ulta contests or wait for promotions.
- How Often: Occasionally
- How to Request Bath Bomb Samples: Send a sample request, join the mailing list to be first to get into their promotions, or wait for freebies posted on their official social media platforms.
10. LUSH USA
- How Often: Only with purchased items
- How to Request Bath Bomb Samples: No announcement. LUSH USA doesn’t promise samples at every purchase.
How to Make Your Own Bath Bombs
As you can see from the list of companies above, while there are ways to get your hands on free bath bombs, it is definitely A LOT easier to make your own.
Plus, once you’ve done it the first time, you can have unlimited supply of these bath fizzlers to your heart’s content.
Just follow this basic tutorial and tweak it to your preferred oils, textures, bubble consistency, fragrance, and so on.
Things You’ll Need
- corn starch
- baking soda
- citric acid
- baby oil, mineral oil, essential oils
- liquid food color of your choice
- Epsom salt
- a whisk and mixing bowl
- choice of mold
- OPTIONAL: dried flowers, biodegradable glitter, toys, jewelry, etc.
Step-by-Step DIY Bath Bombs
You’ll find different recipes for bath bombs, but if you have the essential 3 (corn starch, baking soda and citric acid), you can make them already.
The fizziness of bath bombs occurs when the citric acid and baking soda come into contact with water. The cornstarch is just as important because it slows down the reaction so you could enjoy as much fizzle as possible.
Other things you include into the bath bomb will dissolve differently. For example, if you added scented oils or any kind of fragrance, it will be dissolved as the citric acid and baking soda mixture turns into gas and eventually forms into bubbles in your bath water.
Note that the steps below may change depending on the ingredients you choose.
- Mix 8 ounces baking soda, 4 ounces cornstarch, 4 ounces Epsom salt, and other dry ingredients together in a bowl. Remove any clumps by mixing them with a whisk. Add glitter, flowers and other bulkier ingredients last. If you’re using powdered color pigment, then add it here as well.
- In a smaller bowl or cup, mix your wet ingredients. Several drops of oil, liquid food color, essential oils, and so on.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in small batches. Mix thoroughly as you go.
- Once everything has been mixed, shape them into your mold. This can be your ordinary cupcake pans, or specialty silicone theme molds for Halloween (skulls, coffins, ghosts, pumpkins), Valentine’s Day hearts, and so on. The shape and size of your mold will largely affect how many bath bombs you could make per batch.
- If you’re planning to put a surprise item inside your bath bomb, you should do this step during molding. It doesn’t require a lot of time for the ingredients to get squished into a compact bath bomb. Expect to wait about 1 to 2 minutes before getting the bombs out, but you’ll need a day or two for your bath bombs to dry completely.
- Store in an airtight, moisture-free jar. You can use these bath bombs up to 6 months.
Looking for Other Self-Pampering Freebies?
You see, pampering yourself shouldn’t cost an arm and a leg.