Free bath bombs are the best kind of freebies if your “me time” involves candles, fragrances, and your own bathtub.
- Daily Goodie Box - Grab a GIANT box of free samples from some of the world's most popular brands.
- Try Products - What's better than one giant box of free stuff? TWO giant boxes of free stuff. Join Try Products to get even more free samples shipped right to you.
- P&G Rewards - Get over $100 in coupons to stuff you already buy, plus enter to win weekly gift boxes and gift cards.
Bath bombs are the adult version of bubble baths – they can easily make your tub experience go 10 notches up. They are made with essential oils, fragrances, cool colors, and other ingredients that make your skin healthier and smoother.
If you haven’t tried adding bath bombs before and you need some pamper time, get these free bath bombs and learn how to make your own bath fizzlers and benefit from a spa-like experience in the comfort of your own home.
Companies Giving Away Free Bath Bombs
Free bath bombs come few and far between, but they do exist. You must find which companies host giveaways, learn when they do this, and follow them so you won’t miss out.
- How Often: Freebies with purchases during holidays and special occasions
- How to Request Bath Bomb Samples: This company is known for simple, yet luxurious bath bomb products. All soaps and bombs are handmade by a single man, Scott Elgart, who crafts all the products by hand. Subscribe to the newsletter to get special updates, or send an e-mail to request a sample.
- How Often: Standard holiday sales and other impromptu price drops
- How to Request Bath Bomb Samples: This company doesn’t publish info about free samples, but has giveaways and contests on Instagram regularly (like this). Fizz & Bubble’s “artisan bath fizzies” are next level – expect real lavender bits and jojo bead sprinkles on your bath bombs.
- How Often: Promos and special requests.
- How to Request Bath Bomb Samples: This is eucalyptus and lavender bath bomb is unique because its target market are babies suffering from congestion during flu season. Unfortunately, the only way to get free samples is to win it during sweepstakes and giveaways. Some people report being given samples after sending a request via e-mail, but this is not guaranteed.
- How Often: Only during promotions like this. Make sure you’re updated with promos by signing up to their newsletter.
- How to Request Bath Bomb Samples: This company doesn’t offer free samples, but their giveaways are awesome because not only do you get to receive bath bombs for free, the whole concept of Jackpot Candles is that there is a surprise hidden inside either the bath bomb or candle. This surprise is fancy jewelry – either a ring or pendant necklace.
- How Often: Occasionally
- How to Request Bath Bomb Samples: Send a sample request, join the mailing list to be first to get into their promotions, or wait for freebies posted on their official social media platforms.
- How Often: Usually offered during change of season, but do not have a specific date.
- How to Request Bath Bomb Samples: You can join their mailing list, get instant discounts for your first purchase, and receive special offers as a member. Love Beauty and Planet does giveaways on their socials at least once a year, so follow them there and join to get a chance to receive free bath bombs.
7. Laguna Moon
- How Often: No specific dates, but have sale on traditional sale season (Christmas, Black Friday, Valentine’s Day and so on)
- How to Request Bath Bomb Samples: Laguna Moon conducts bath bomb giveaways (like this) on their Instagram at least 2 to 3 times a year. Make sure to follow them there. They also give away freebies to influencers – you’ll need to fill out this form if you’re interested in collaborating.
- How Often: Ulta Beauty gives away free samples with purchase. If you’re planning to buy anything from this store, check the Gifts with Purchase page to see if there are any free bath bombs available.
- How to Request Bath Bomb Samples: Unfortunately, Ulta doesn’t send samples by request. Your best bet is to join Ulta contests or wait for promotions.
9. LUSH USA
- How Often: Once every year during World Bath Bomb Day, then sporadically during special promotions or with purchased items
- How to Request Bath Bomb Samples: No announcement. LUSH USA doesn’t promise samples at every purchase.
What many people don’t know is that Lush actually made bath bombs famous, which is why every year on April 27 (the World Bath Bomb Day), Lush gives away free bath bombs when you visit a store near you. To claim,
- Go in-store: no purchase needed, but supplies are limited. Dates and time of freebie bath bombs availability are posted online.
- Buy online: You get a free bath bomb if you purchase something at the online Lush store.
Note that you can’t choose from all bath bomb flavors, but Lush does offer at least 2 to 4 varieties online and in-store during this time.
10. Nurture Soap
- How Often: Since the 14-bath bomb sample set isn’t technically free, you can purchase the pack anytime. It is available year-round.
- How to Request Bath Bomb Samples: If you want to try a particular glitter bath bomb, you can try asking for a sample with your purchase. E-mail them first at email@example.com or use our contact form before you order.
Unlimited Free Bath Bombs: How to Make Your Own Bath Bombs
As you can see from the list of companies above, while there are ways to get your hands on free bath bombs, you have no control when the companies decide to host bath bomb giveaways. Many of them do not even publish freebies or provide sample request forms.
It is definitely A LOT easier to make your own bath bombs. Plus, once you’ve done it the first time, you can have unlimited supply of these bath fizzlers to your heart’s content.
Just follow this basic tutorial and tweak it to your preferred oils, textures, bubble consistency, fragrance, and so on.
Things You’ll Need
- corn starch
- baking soda
- citric acid
- baby oil, mineral oil, essential oils
- liquid food color of your choice
- Epsom salt
- a whisk and mixing bowl
- choice of mold
- OPTIONAL: dried flowers, biodegradable glitter, toys, jewelry, etc.
Step-by-Step DIY Bath Bombs
You’ll find different recipes for bath bombs, but if you have the essential 3 (corn starch, baking soda and citric acid), you can make them already.
The fizziness of bath bombs occurs when the citric acid and baking soda come into contact with water. The cornstarch is just as important because it slows down the reaction so you could enjoy as much fizzle as possible.
Other things you include into the bath bomb will dissolve differently. For example, if you added scented oils or any kind of fragrance, it will be dissolved as the citric acid and baking soda mixture turns into gas and eventually forms into bubbles in your bath water.
Note that the steps below may change depending on the ingredients you choose.
- Mix 8 ounces baking soda, 4 ounces cornstarch, 4 ounces Epsom salt, and other dry ingredients together in a bowl. Remove any clumps by mixing them with a whisk. Add glitter, flowers and other bulkier ingredients last. If you’re using powdered color pigment, then add it here as well.
- In a smaller bowl or cup, mix your wet ingredients. Several drops of oil, liquid food color, essential oils, and so on.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in small batches. Mix thoroughly as you go.
- Once everything has been mixed, shape them into your mold. This can be your ordinary cupcake pans, or specialty silicone theme molds for Halloween (skulls, coffins, ghosts, pumpkins), Valentine’s Day hearts, and so on. The shape and size of your mold will largely affect how many bath bombs you could make per batch.
- If you’re planning to put a surprise item inside your bath bomb, you should do this step during molding. It doesn’t require a lot of time for the ingredients to get squished into a compact bath bomb. Expect to wait about 1 to 2 minutes before getting the bombs out, but you’ll need a day or two for your bath bombs to dry completely.
- Store in an airtight, moisture-free jar. You can use these bath bombs up to 6 months.
Looking for Other Self-Pampering Freebies?
You see, pampering yourself shouldn’t cost an arm and a leg.