If you can get free bags, why would you even need to spend? Unfortunately, even if you find lists of free bag providers online, many of them are just too good to be true.
- Daily Goodie Box - Grab a GIANT box of free samples from some of the world's most popular brands.
- Survey Junkie - Work with companies like Nike, Sony, and Apple and get paid to test out their latest products!
- Product Report Card - Get paid to share your thoughts. Short surveys, high payouts, simply the best.
This post will show you what kinds of bags you can get online, which brands have regular giveaways, and how can you save money with free totes, eco bags, and even loot bags. Plus, a couple of important guidelines for you to follow if you plan to hunt for freebies.
Where to Get Branded Bags Free
Luxury bags are hardest to find because they are made of high-quality materials that reflect their price tags, so it’s understandable that you won’t find freebie luxury bags like Louis Vuitton and Gucci anywhere.
However, this doesn’t mean ALL brands do not give away some of their bags. Here are examples of brands you should follow and watch out for:
- A|X Armani Exchange drawstring bag – Receive a FREE Backpack with any A|X Armani Exchange $65 purchase. This is a Macy’s promo, so US residents only.
- Dyper Diaper Bags – If you’re looking for baby items for cheap, check out this free baby bag from Dyper. You just have to try a set of super-absorbent, eco-friendly bamboo diapers to receive your own bag.
- DSW free bag – Those shopping for branded clothes or shoes should check out this freebie. Just add to cart, include the “head2tote” code during checkout, and get your cool grey bag totally free of charge.
- Victoria’s Secret bag – You’d need to use your PINK credit card, or buy something worth $85 to get a free signature black and pink tote bag.
- Marks and Spencer – Register to become a member of Marks & Spencer Rewards membership ‘Sparks’ and get a free bag on your first order.
- Brighton – In celebration of the 50th anniversary of Earth Day, jewelry store Brighton is giving away an eco-friendly, adorable “Love the Earth” jute tote with a minimum purchase of $125.
- Modelo-branded merchandise – You don’t need to purchase anything to win 1 of 500 Modelo (the beer brand) swag packs, but you do have to be US residents and 21 years old (or older). If you’re lucky and win one pack, you’ll receive a Modelo duffel bag and hat (for grand prize winners), a Modelo tote bag, hat and power bank (for first-prize winners), or a Modelo cinch bag, shirt and sunglasses (for second-prize winners). You can enter daily until November 9, 2020 11:59 pm.
Free Backpacks and Gadget Bags
Like luxury bags, you can get free backpacks as prizes for contests, giveaways, and other promos. You won’t lose anything if you try your luck.
- Kipling’s Win-a-Bag – Fill up this form and wait for the promo to end to see if you win.
- Samsonite Backpack – This isn’t a guaranteed freebie, but if you write a public review on BzzAgent, you’ll get a chance to receive a gorgeous, all-black Hustle backpack. Only available for residents from UK, Canada and US.
- Cloud Puncher Games – If you’re a fan of board games and always find the tiny trinkets and tokens missing, make sure to sign up for this promo and get a free bag with this board game token holder.
- Jansport backpack – Get this back-to-school backpack by filling out the form. You don’t need to purchase anything. Just send your entries and watch out for RentaCalc’s announcement.
- QualiGifts – Fill-out this form to request a customized drawstring backpack. Only available in the United States and Philippines, but limited to just 1 free bag per household.
Free Tote Bags and Other Reusable Bags
This type of bag is the cheapest to manufacture. They’re usually used for promotional purposes, so totes and other reusable bags are given away generously. Even the local supermarkets and your favorite boutiques give away these bags with purchase.
Here are some free reusable bags:
- Earthbound Farm – Every April for Earth Month, the company gives away a reusable bag as part of a survey, contest, or raffle.
- Hippo Sak Compostable Small Food Scrap Bags via Moms Meet – Green thumbs would love these food scrap bags as alternatives for compost pails. Only available for US residents who are members of the Moms Meet program.
- National Geographic tote bag – Subscribe to 12 months of printed National Geographic magazines and get access to 1-year digital access of NG.com for $19. You get a free tote bag if you’re from the US, UK or Canada.
- Moomin’s – Purchase any items from Moomin.com (with a minimum purchase of 100 euros) to get a free tote bag, which you can’t buy separately.
- Subscribe to Bon Appetit for a free tote – If you’re a foodie and you’ve been thinking of subscribing to this famous food magazine, use this link to pay for your $15/year subscription and get a free tote with your first magazine.
- Tote from Allure Magazine – Not a fan of food? How about makeup and fashion? Subscribe to Allure’s 6-month or 1-year subscription to get a freebie tote with your first magazine delivery.
- The New Yorker tote – Subscribe to either the digital or print The New Yorker subscription plans (ranging from $6 to $99.99) and receive a free tote directly at your doorsteps.
- Demco free tote – Trying to get organized at home? Get a free tote bag and a selection of Demco products with a $125 purchase. Limit one redemption per customer. Offer valid online only, while supplies last. US residents only.
3 Important Things You Should Know about Free Bags
1. Loot bags are entirely a different thing.
Loot bags include several items like candies, toys, and other kiddie items given away at birthday parties. The grown-up version, called swag bags, has the same concept except the items inside are geared toward the older audience.
Swag bags serve as promotional materials. The brands of the items may or may not be involved in the giveaway. For example:
- BN Labs Swag Bag – Fill out the form and upload a high-res selfie (in jpeg or png) to get your free swag. You can also turn your Instagram profile public and tag @bnlabs on your uploaded photo.
- Cartoon Network Treat-A-Thon Loot bags – Kids between the ages of 6-18 can submit their e-mail address to enter the Cartoon Network Treat-A-Thon Sweepstakes! If you’re one of the 3,100 winners, you’ll receive a $20-worth Halloween treat bag filled with candy. You can submit your entry once daily through October 31st.
2. Always double-check promotions.
There are some companies that have been included in “freebie lists” like this, but actually do not authorize it. A good example of this is Gorilla Totes’ announcement that read:
“Gorillatotes.com did not authorize to be listed on free sample websites. Samples are only for customers interested in placing wholesale orders (150 or more tote bags). Please also fill out the quote request form for pricing.”
3. You Can’t Control Shipping Times
The problem with freebies is that you can’t really control when the free bags would arrive.
If you need free bags quickly, you might have to shell out cash and go to Family Dollar, Dollar General, Dollar Tree and other similar stores.
If you need bags in bulk at the cheapest price, you’ll find AliExpress to have the best deals at dirt-cheap prices. However, you need to be careful of scams. Choose only to buy from verified sellers with solid feedback history.
With these tips in mind, I hope you get lucky and win if you’re planning to join a giveaway, Sweepstakes or contests. If you plan on spending cash to get the free bags, make sure you’re shopping from a trusted store. And if you need other things for your closet, check out this guide on how to receive free clothes.