There’s nothing like free magazines greeting you when you check your snail mail. Oh, the simple pleasures in life!
- Daily Goodie Box - Grab a GIANT box of free samples from some of the world's most popular brands.
- Try Products - What's better than one giant box of free stuff? TWO giant boxes of free stuff. Join Try Products to get even more free samples shipped right to you.
- Survey Junkie - Test new products, keep them, and get paid for your feedback. Sign up for free to get started.
Magazines are great not just because of the glossy pages on your fingers and the smell of perfume samples splattered on specific ad slots, but they also let you check out what’s new with your favorite hobby, may this be toys, tech, gadgets, clothes, or even digital products like ebooks.
You don’t even have to go out and window-shop anymore.
Unfortunately, magazine subscriptions can add to your monthly expenses, so if you’ve always loved the feel of magazines and burning through its pages on a quiet day, then you’d love these magazines offered at no cost to you.
75+ Free Magazines You Can Request Now
Without further ado, I give you this list of free magazines that you can start collecting today.
Free Pregnancy, Baby, and Kids Magazines
- Parents Magazine: Fill out this form to claim a two-year subscription to Parents Magazine! Parents is dedicated to the everyday concerns faced by today’s parents, from family development and behavior, to health issues, and more.
- Your Pregnancy & Baby – Request a free bi-monthly subscription to Your Pregnancy & Baby magazine, which covers topics about parenting kids 3 years old (and younger), as well as pregnancy from conception to the first three days as a mom.
Free Clothing, Fashion, and Lifestyle Magazines
- Vogue: Vogue magazine is the world’s fashion authority. If you’re interested in high fashion, runways, modeling, and everything about the beauty and fashion industry, this complimentary 2-year subscription could open up your world to glitz and glamour.
- Esquire: This lifestyle mag covers the interests of American men, from politics to style, health to women’s advice, food & drink, and more. If you claim yours today, this link gets you a 2-year subscription (that’s a $10 value).
- C California Style: Send a sample request via the contact form. C California has several sub-categories. Aside from the original C California Style & Culture, there is also the Men’s Edition, C Weddings edition, and C Home edition.
- Town & Country: Fill out the form to get a 2-year free subscription to Town & Country, which tackles fashion, travel, design, beauty, health, the arts, antiques, and everything in between.
- Gentleman’s Quarterly (GQ): This promo is for a year’s worth of free GQ magazines.
- Elle: Sophistication and style make Elle Magazine an industry leader. You’ll only get a 1-year complimentary subscription, but that’s a $10-dollar worth of free magazines there.
- Harper’s Bazaar: Harper’s Bazaar magazine features the fashion, career, and lifestyle of the contemporary woman. Claim your 2-year free magazines by filling out the form.
- Vanity Fair: Claim this 1-year free magazine subscription of Vanity Fair and get a closer look at the
world’s most sophisticated circles with high-fashion photography and features about beauty, style, power and money.
- Allure: For hair, makeup, and beauty tips, straight from the industry experts themselves. Get a year’s worth of free magazines with this link.
Free Home Magazines
- Home & Lands: Order a FREE copy of this Real Estate magazine and get first dibs on extensive real estate listings whether you’re looking for homes or condos, to land and commercial buildings.
- Atomic Ranch: Geared for designers, builders, architects and homeowners interested in renovating their homes.
- This Old House: If you’re obsessed with DIY and home renovation, get free issues of This Old House.
- Supply House Times: Supply House Times is a fantastic merchandising magazine focused in the home construction industry, so if you’re building a list of distributors, wholesalers, service providers, and others from industries like plumbing to HVAC, register to claim your free magazine.
- Elle Decor: Get 2-year free copies of Elle Decor and see the world’s best architecture, interiors and decor arts from designers and architects from around the world with their work featured in places like London, Paris, California and New York.
- Country Living: From the rustic and warm, vintage-looking porches and country living gardens, this free magazine is a must-have if you’re currenting building a home with a heart. This is valid for a 2-year complimentary subscription.
- Better Homes and Gardens: Get Better Homes and Gardens and find out how to turn your home into a comfy, inviting haven.
- Veranda: Veranda is a stylish, entertainment and decorating magazine with a historical twist on interior design and architecture. Claim a two-year free magazine subscription with this link.
Free Health and Beauty Magazines
- Weight Watchers: WW used to offer free printed magazines, but they now switched to digital versions. If you’re currently on Weight Watches, have a look at Weight Watchers’ website.
- Women’s Health Magazine: This 2-year free magazine from Women’s Health covers everything from nutrition to weight loss, health, fitness, special reports, sex & relationship, beauty, style & fashion.
- Hearing Health Foundation: This is more of a medical journal than a magazine, but if you’re curious about everything related to our sense of hearing, check this page to see how you can get quarterly copies of their magazine.
- Men’s Health Magazine: Men’s Health magazine is the gold standard of informative, trusted features on exercise, nutrition, and overall health focused on men. Get your FREE 1-year subscription today!
- Brain & Life: Brain & Life is the most trusted source for news, tips, and information on specific neurologic disorders and brain health. A subscription to Brain & Life (six issues a year) is available for FREE to anyone residing in the United States who is interested in learning more about neurologic conditions and how to live well with them.
- Shape!: A mix of health and fashion, Shape! magazine focuses on being strong and confident in your own skin. There’s a 2-year magazine subscription free after filling out this form.
- TIME for Health: This isn’t as popular as the original TIME magazine, but this free digital magazine on health is just as comprehensive.
- Woman’s Day: Claim a 2-year subscription to Woman’s Day, one of the oldest and most beloved of all the traditional women’s magazines. at NO COST to you.
Free Food and Drink Magazines
- Food Network Magazine (Yup, from the same people of TV’s Food Network)
- Eating Well (magazine focused on eating healthy)
- Whisky Advocate (for the love of whiskey)
- Bon Appétit (fancy meals you can do at home)
- My Food and Family (diet and nutrition aimed at families)
- Wine Spectator (wine industry-focused)
Free Tech and Automobile Magazines
- Tech: Wired, Sound & Vision, Popular Science
- Trucking and commercial driving: Overdrive, Truck and Off-Highway Engineering
- Automotive mag: Rider, Subaru Drive & Performance Magazine, Car and Driver
- Innovation: Popular Mechanics focus on everything from automobile and boating technology to home improvement tools, woodworking equipment, and so much more.
Free Sports and Outdoors Magazines
- Running: Runner’s World
- Outdoors: Outside, Outdoor Life
- Hunting: Bowhunting World and Predator Xtreme
- Fishing and water sports: Sport Fishing, Field & Stream
- Aircraft and flying: Professional Pilot
- Bodybuilding and fitness: No Nonsense, The Red Bulletin (sports magazine sponsored by Red Bull),
- Other Sports: Golf Magazine (golfing), TransWorld Surf (surfing), Baseball Digest (baseball),
- Sports Illustrated for Kids and the original Sports Illustrated (choose from FREE 1-year subscription, FREE 2-year subscription or FREE six-month subscription).
Free Toys, Games and Hobbies Magazines
Free Entertainment Magazines
Free Business and Non-Profit Magazines
Free Travel Magazines
- Travel + Leisure
- Condé Nast Traveler
- Backpacker magazine (Perfect for those looking for inspiration about wilderness travel)
- Finger Lakes Wine Country (wine tours)
- San Diego Magazine (food, culture, events, and everything about San Diego)
- Garden & Gun Magazine (features the food, music, art, culture and literature of the new Southern lifestyle)
Other Types of Free Magazines
- Documentary, Educational: National Geographic
- Religious: No Greater Joy Magazine, National Catholic Reporter, Premier Christianity Magazine, Kenneth Copeland Ministries Victory Magazine
- LGBTQ: Out Magazine
3 Free Magazine Subscription Sites You Need to Bookmark
As you may have noticed, most of the free magazines above come from one of three sources: Mercury Magazine, Value Mags, and Freebizmag. If you’re trying to add more magazines to your collection, I recommend checking them out.
1. Mercury Magazines – Mercury Magazines isn’t just one magazine, but a collection of popular magazines like Good Housekeeping, Woman’s Day, Town and Country, Marie Claire, Outdoor Photography, and so much more.
You have to tell something about yourself when signing up, then Mercury Magazine will match your interests with a couple of magazines they carry. You’re given 3 choices, which you’ll have to sign-up one by one and complete the survey before you verify your personal information and address.
2. Value Mags – This resource offers numerous magazines on its roster. Some magazines, such as Marie Claire and Good Housekeeping are included in Value Mags (even if it is available at Mercury Magazines too!). You can find various magazine titles here.
What makes Value Mags a favorite is that although you’ll have to answer surveys or register to third-party survey companies when subscribing to your chosen magazine, you won’t have to pay for any magazine you get from here. Their partners shoulder the expenses that allow them to offer free magazines to the public.
3. Freebizmag – As its name suggests, this site offers business magazines so expect magazines catering to industries like IT, hospitality, human resources, non-profit organizations, and so on. This resource has varying qualifications based on the publisher of the magazine you choose.
Use your backup e-mail when signing up for magazines on Freebizmag since you’d probably be required to sign up for other offers, freebies, and other promotional stuff.
Do’s and Don’ts of Requesting Free Magazines
When requesting different magazines without any cost to you, follow these three simple rules:
- Read what you’re signing up for: When subscribing to these magazines, make sure you read the fine print. This is where you’ll learn for how long subscriptions will be free, whether there’s a catch (such as your information being shared with partner companies), and other important details.
- Avoid future payments debited from your credit card. You’ll see forms asking you if you’d like to receive free offers, but they request credit card details. The safest choice is to skip this magazine and choose something else, but if you really want a copy of that particular magazine, make sure to note the date after signing up and set up a reminder or calendar alert a few days before that date. This way, you can cancel the “offers” before they collect a subscription fee from your credit card.
- If possible, skip the page that asks you to buy products or sign-up for services. You’d still receive the magazines without charge even if you said “no” to these offers.
The Bottom Line
Even popular magazines like Vice, Metro, or The New York Times give access to their magazines without charge, but often makes the digital version free, and give only a sneak peek, such as access to 10 articles a month.
If you welcome digital versions of these magazines, you can also download them on Google Play or the Apple Store.
If the magazine you like isn’t on this list, you can always check the official website and look for the “request sample” button or form. Most magazines give away the first month of subscription for free, but charge you for the next issues.
If you can’t afford the paid issues, just make sure to cancel before they charge your credit card.
Be sure to keep an eye on and bookmark our freebies page as new magazine offers pop up there regularly! Check out other free magazines you might be interested in: