If you have fur babies, you’ll quickly discover that the world of product samples are not exclusive to people and that free dog stuff (as well as free products for cats, birds, and other pets) are available everywhere.
You just need to know where to look.
Free Dog Food Samples
- Black Hawk Pet Care – There are 11 flavors within the two categories: Original range and Grain Free range. Unfortunately, free dog food sample by mail is only available for dog parents based in Australia.
- Zignature – Sign-up here for hypo-allergenic, pork-based dog food for free.
- Purina – Purina almost always have free dog food samples or discounts on its website. Check the site for coupons.
- Taste of the Wild – You’d have to give a bit more effort to get free pet food samples by calling call 1-800-342-4808 (or visiting a local retailer).
- Nutro – Fill out this form and specify that you’re requesting a sample. Enter a few details about your dog as well.
- Dave’s Simply the Best – Sign up for product updates and get free food samples for your dog or cat.
- CANIDAE – You just need to send them your address, so they could ship you a sample.
- Pet Chef Express GA – If you’re residing in the Atlanta, Georgia-area, you can fill-up a form and request a sample of their all-natural, premium dog & cat food.
- PawTree – Their products aren’t exactly pet food, but the 10 seasonings they offer turn any dog food into something else. You can try it free (but you’d need to pay $2.95 for shipping).
- Husse AZ – If you’re from Arizona, you can choose from cat or dog food samples and just simply check out straight from the online store.
- I and Love You – The company doesn’t offer free samples all year-round, but they do. Make sure you sign-up for their newsletter to be the first to learn when sending free samples resume.
- Essence Pet Food – Try out Essence Pet Food’s grain-free, protein-packed free dog food by simply entering your address and contact info.
- The Pet Pantry – Everybody gets free dog samples, but you’d need to shoulder $7 for shipping (unless you’re based from North Carolina and you get free delivery too!).
- Barky’s Inn – If you’re around Tucson AZ and you’re planning to switch dog foods, let the folks at Barky’s Inn help you out. They offer free dog food samples to help picky-eaters have a better diet.
- Nutrish – Rachel Ray’s own pet food company gives away free meat-based dog food every once in a while. Answer the quick survey and be updated with dog food freebies and promos.
- Feed Pet Purveyor – This isn’t technically free, but for only a dollar, you can sample 1 flavor of dog food available in their store. There are over a dozen available, so your money could really be stretched while you explore which one your dog likes best.
Free Dog Treat Samples
- Ageless Paws – Get a 3-ounce dried treat bites for your dog (or cat), but you’d have to pay $3.99 for shipping.
- Life’s Abundance – It isn’t entirely free, but the dog treat sampler packs are very cheap, considering they’re grain-free, savory and helps in weight loss management for overweight adult dogs.
- Maxie Treats – A couple of times a year, the company gives away free dog treat samples, but if the promo closes, you have to pay for the item but with 40% off retail price.
Free Dog Health and Grooming Samples
One of the most important free dog stuff for your pet’s health comes from the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. Their free Pet Safety Pack includes a pet-rescue window decal and an ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center magnet, which you can get simply by filling out ASPCA’s online form.
Sign up for all 3 sites to get regular freebies in the mail.
- NUPRO All Natural Supplements – If you’re interested in switching vitamins or starting a new one, you need to call at 800-360-3300 to request a complimentary taste sample of NUPRO® Natural Pet Supplements.
- Van Beek Pet’s Synacore – Synacore is a supplement that combines probiotics, prebiotics, enzymes and vitamins in one. You only have to register to get a free sample for your dog or cat, but it will be delivered to your vet.
- PetsWorld Training Pads – If you’re potty-training and you’re looking for reinforcements, PetsWorld’s pad could help you get through this rough patch. You’ll be given a freebie pad based on your dog’s weight, so fill-in the info they’re asking for.
- Smarty Paws Health – Get free dog vitamins based on your dog’s activity, age and other factors.
- Banfield Pet Hospital – Do you need to get your dog checked up? Fill-up a quick form to receive a coupon for free exam.
- VCA Hospitals – Get your dog’s first health exam free if you’re a new client. There are tons of VCA hospitals all over the country, so that’s a plus.
- BioDOgradable Bags – Try out these doggy bags if you’re interested in switching to a more eco-friendly alternative.
Dine Out, Travel and Other Outdoor Dog Freebies
Restaurants with Free Dog Meals
Dogs have their own secret menu on popular restaurants, but not all of them are free. Check your local Dairy Queen if they have a “Pup cup,” a small cup with DQ’s famous vanilla ice cream topped with dog biscuits. Not all stores have them, but they’re free if you’re lucky to be near a pet-friendly branch.
Other restaurants like Dunkin’ Donuts, Sonic, Chick-fil-A, Tim Hortons and even Starbucks have special treats for dogs, but you might need to pay a dollar or two.
Companies That Allow Free Dog Travel
- JetBlue has its own “JetPaws” program that encourages pets to travel smoothly with their humans. The free program includes a pet travel guide, travel checklist and special carrier bag tag. (Note that your pets has to pay for their “seat” as well.)
- Red Roof Inn – Dogs and other pets stay here free, except for select locations that have local laws prohibiting pets from staying in hotels and other similar establishments.
- Kimpton Hotels – Probably one of the most pet-friendly hotels in the country, Kimpton welcomes pets no matter their size, weight, or breed, all at no extra charge. Staying here with your dog also brings you some freebies, such as free courtesy bags and pet-centric amenities like water/food bowls, pet bed, mat, and door hanger that alerts the neighbor you have a pet with you.
If you’re interested in more local events that come free of charge, Bring Fido has an up-to-date list of events you can join.
Finding More Free Dog Stuff
When it comes to free dog toys, don’t expect finding much because these are more expensive. Plus, some dogs are intense chewers (and others are not), so dog toys and chew toys are really not ideal as dog treat samples.
Dog-focused subscription box services may have free toys included in the monthly packages, though, so don’t forget to check out BarkBox.com, PupBox, Pet Treater, and other similar dog subscription box. Most of these companies custom-pack your boxes to accommodate your dog’s needs. If you’re lucky to subscribe while they’re on sale, you might get the first month free.
Except for dog freebies you receive while you and your pet is outdoors, most of these free dog stuff are sent via mail. While a few of these companies pay for shipping too, don’t be surprised to be asked to pay for shipping and handling.
You can also go directly to the source and write pet food manufacturers to request samples. Or if you’re visiting your vet, don’t hesitate to ask for freebies. Pet food and drug companies usually send samplers to vets around the country to distribute their goods quicker.