With Father’s Day coming in a couple of weeks and coronavirus still looming around the country, are you wondering if there are Father’s Day freebies at your favorite restaurant or major grocery chain this year?
If so, I hope this post would bring smiles to your households, as I gathered all the awesome companies still giving away coupons or free stuff for Fathers even during these trying times. Honor your dads or other father-figures without spending a cent.
Free Father’s Day Cards & Other Printables
You won’t run out of free greeting cards for Father’s Day. During any kind of occasion each year, the graphic designers and lifestyle bloggers of the world share awesome cards and printables completely free for anyone who needs them.
If you have a printer and would like something else than ordinary greeting cards, here are some cool (but free) ideas:
Sign up for all 3 sites to get regular freebies in the mail.
- Daily Goodie Box - Grab a GIANT box of free samples from some of the world's most popular brands.
- Freebies.com - Similar to Daily Goodie Box. Create an account, pick which samples you want, and get a big box of free stuff delievered straight to you.
- SwagBucks - Free $10.00 for signing up! Trade your thoughts for cash.
- Custom coupon book – Give your dad a book of coupons with his favorite things or most-hated chores, such as ‘free dozen of his favorite choco chip cookies’ or ‘free car wash’ that you’re willing to do for him whenever he “redeems” the coupons.
- A book all about dad – This one is requires a bit more effort than just filling out a card, so I’m sure your dad would appreciate it.
- Custom mug, shirt, and so on – Got access to a printing service? How about using these free printable graphics with funny ‘Best Farter Father’ or ‘Ain’t no Hood like Fatherhood’ statements? You can print these on any material you like from a cap, t-shirt, mug, mouse pad, pillowcase, and any other media you can think of. If you don’t have a local printing shop, maybe you’d like to try an iron-on project instead.
Free Stuff for Dads
- Free chocolates: Chocolates aren’t exclusive for your moms and girlfriends. If your dad is a chocoholic, make sure to check out this list if his favorite brand has freebies available. Or you can bake/make your dad chocolate bars from scratch and have these cool candy wrappers printed out.
- Free coffee: For coffee-loving dads out there, you can get free coffee beans delivered to your home, or coupons for free coffee cups at the local coffee shops. Here’s how.
- Free grooming kits: Whether your dad only goes for disposable razors, or has a 4-step face grooming involved, look for free razor refills, oils shaving cream, and even grooming kits from this list..
- Free hats: From knitted hats and beanies to sports caps, this list of companies and organizations give away different types of hats throughout the year. If your dad is a collector of caps, any unique cap could be the perfect gift.
- Free cologne: If your dad running out of cologne? Has he never been the type who uses cologne? Maybe he just hasn’t found the right scent yet. Gift him one or all of these free cologne for men.
- Free golf balls – West Georgia Golf is having a Buy 1 Take 1 promo of Srixon golf balls pre-ordered for Father’s Day.
- Discounted tools – Is your dad discovering a love for woodworking? Or dusting off his long-forgotten garage recently? Add more tools from this list of General Tools products, which come at 10% less if you buy 4 items on or before Father’s Day.
- Harper Collin book sale – Spy your dad’s book wishlist and buy him the book at Harper Collins to get 25% discount and free shipping with the code DAD25.
- Free Grill Duck Spray – If your dad has been saving up for top-notch grilling or cooking equipment from Beefer, you can receive a can of free duck spray with any purchase.
- Emu Ranch Wellness products – Just follow the Emu Ranch Twitter and get a chance to win a free gift set for Father’s Day.
Free Dinner, Food Takeouts & Delivery on Father’s Day
Because this year is a challenging year for everyone, from the ordinary workers to businesses, even restaurants are adjusting to the new normal. There aren’t a lot of Father’s Day freebies available at your go-to restaurants.
If you’re wondering which food spots have current Father’s Day offers, deals, discounts and freebies, make sure to bookmark this page. I’m listing uncooked food, takeouts and drinks that are either discounted or completely free exactly on Father’s Day, or from now until June 21.
- Father’s Day Steaks – Is your dad the best griller in the world? If so, Omaha Steaks has drool-worthy promos specially for him. From the Father’s Day T-Bone Dinner to the Father’s Day: KING-CUT T-Bone Gift, I’m pretty sure he’ll love you for this. You’ll need your mom’s help with this one since these packages aren’t free, but just heavily discounted.
- GoldBelly.com Father’s Day treats – Want to prepare a spread of legitimately-good food, but don’t have the time (or maybe the skills) to pull it off? Goldbelly prepared dozens of food packages for you to pick and choose. There are discounted prices and free shipping available.
The following restaurants have been keeping these Father’s Day restaurant specials an annual thing for several years now, but you still have to double-check a week before June 21 if they are still available this year, and if the branch near you has made it available locally as well.
- Beef ‘O’ Brady’s – Every Father’s Day, dads can eat here free, as long as your group purchases anything $10 or higher.
- Baskin Robbins – Get a discounted ice cream treat if you pass by a store or order a cookie/ice cream cake online.
- Black Angus – Join the Prime Club and get a free Dessert on your first visit. If it’s your birthday a week before Father’s Day, you might also be given a free B-Day Steak Dinner.
- BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse – Get a $10 bonus card when you purchase $50 in EGift cards now through June 21. Bonus cards are valid June 22 through July 12, 2020.
- Brann’s Steakhouse & Grille – This steakhouse has several coupons readily available each week. While they don’t have the current Father’s Day deals published yet, better check back on the second or third week of June 2020.
- Firehouse Subs – Dads are usually gifted a small or medium-sized sub with a purchase of any meal set with drinks during Father’s Day at participating locations.
- Mrs Fields – Use a Father’s Day promo code to get up to 20% discounts on any item.
- Macaroni Grill – Macaroni Grill makes a special menu for Father’s Day week at discounted prices. The promo isn’t up yet, but look out for their special 2-course dinner at $25/person.
Get Him to Choose
If you can’t think of anything, you buy your dad an Amazon gift card or any other gift card from their favorite online store. Here’s how you can get these for free:
- Answer surveys: Take a few minutes of your time each day to answer surveys on PrizeRebel and Survey Junkie.
- Complete a task on Rewards sites/apps: Sites like InstaGC, SwagBucks, and Inbox Dollars pay you with rewards or points by doing tasks like downloading an app, shopping online using a particular browser, or playing a new game. Once you save enough points, you can redeem these for gift cards or cash (usually via PayPal).
- Play games: Apps like MistPlay lets you play mobile games non-stop in exchange for points, which you can then redeem for your preferred gift cards or cash.
Does your dad enjoy playing online games? Maybe you can give him Steam gift cards instead?
Are there Any in-store Father’s Day activities?
Actually, there are, but there aren’t a lot of in-store activities right now.
For example, if you’re near the Cactus Rose Pottery, you can join the Family Day on June 19th and get your kid to decorate a can Koozie and make a card for Father’s Day.
For zoos, museums, spots like KOA Campgrounds, and other similar local places, if they’ve resumed operations by June 20th, there’s a big chance dads are given free admission on Father’s Day.
If you really want to go out to celebrate Father’s Day, I recommend you call or e-mail your favorite local spot to see if they’re entertaining on June 21.
As you can see from the many Father’s Day freebies and gift ideas here, you shouldn’t let a pandemic keep you from honoring your dad this year.